FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems launching game

Moderator: MiRai

<<

RavenSkye

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:34 am

Problems launching game

I posted in another thread a while ago, got one person to help me look at some things but nothing has helped. I've not gotten help sense and I haven't been able to use this since I started payment on it few weeks ago. So, will post here, even if I get yelled at. I keep wondering if I just posted in the wrong thread to start with. I feel like I have paid for something I can no longer use :p it's frustrating.

Anyway, I posted here, but will paste the gist of it anyway.

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8336

So, it's my first time trying to multibox with Rift since it's new update, Star Fall Prophecy. I had a lack of subscription with Lavish for a few weeks.

Anyway
So, I set up new teams (because only 2 can go to SPF now). Exported to Innerspace. I start up my team by team or by individual in team. Glyph opens, asks for login, do that, it logs in and I hit play. That is as far as it goes. Nothing else launches, no RIFT game, glyph closes as usual when a game should open. I look in Task Manager and there is the error handler for glyph as it always is when I start the game.

If I dont use innerspace and manually launch Glyph and login, it works fine, launches into the game and everything. Nothing on my system has changed, not sure what to make of it or what I should check and do.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 am

Re: Problems launching game

Although your original post probably should have been in this forum, there was no objection to be being in General, otherwise it would have been moved.

But essentially your problem appears local to your computer. MiRai has reported no issues with loading Rift, and now that I've managed to update and test it out, I can report that the current release works for me too. MiRai is probably on Win10 Anniversary Update. I am on Win10, no Anniversary Update. So it comes back to something on your computer is not working correctly. What that is, I am not sure. Out of the remaining things that were on your diagnostic, only the Nvidia Share seemed to be something you could try removing and see if that helped.

It can be difficult to diagnose something that is not failing for us, when there are a lack of clues, and short of uninstalling everything but those things absolutely necessary to test it, and see if that works, then you might be looking at the format and reinstall. Not every failure to load has a hard and fast answer, although most are resolved, and we don't have the resources, nor the accessibility to find out why some just decide to fail without any apparent reason (although if you want that answer, feel free to post your computer over and we can get right on it).

I suspect that the format/reinstall may be your only answer. If you don't want to go through that, then you can request a refund via your lavishsoft.com account. You can reference your posts, but Lax is probably aware of them. As he hasn't chimed in so far, then I figure he can't see anything that I've missed.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:16 am

bob wrote:I suspect that the format/reinstall may be your only answer. If you don't want to go through that, then you can request a refund via your lavishsoft.com account. You can reference your posts, but Lax is probably aware of them. As he hasn't chimed in so far, then I figure he can't see anything that I've missed.

Format and reinstall, is somethimg I JUST did. First thing I installed was isboxer/innerspace/rift after all the driver updates. I've tried uninstalling many things, ending it's tasks, shutting down services, etc. Nothing works.

This sucks though.. we've at home been multiboxing chars for couple years now (everyone in house on same systems). There isn't anything different on here, than before other than thew SFP of Rift.

So, guess, I can't use it anymore and doing another format/reinstall isn't going to work as I JUST did that. Guess, will go for the refund... and disappointment
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 am

If you have nothing else running other than basic drivers/windows/inner space/game, then it just ends up in a case of reinstalling the bits of software you have got in case something is not quite right, removing unnecessary parts of those bits of software (like GeForce Experience, Nvidia Share), setting up a brand new ISBoxer profiles (if you are using a previous ISBoxer profile then the Window Layout may be referencing internal display names for monitors that no longer exist), seeing if there are updated drivers for your MB/gfx/other stuff, check the device manager for drivers you haven't loaded, remove any peripherals except basic keyboard/mouse/monitor.

And sometimes Windows 10 just shits itself despite everything else, and while appearing to work normally, something just wont; and when that happens, sometimes there is no other choice but to repeat something you have just done. Previous windows versions used to be just like this (Win95 was one), and while it got a damnsight better with Win7, it seems to have gone downhill a bit with Win10.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:35 pm

So, did a full complete wipe and install of Win 10, windows updates, didn't add anything but rift and ISBoxer/Innerspace... SAME situation. Nothing is plugged in but mouse, keyboard, monitor. Nothing changed, same situation... did new diagnosis.

I don't get why it suddenly is doing this and wasn't before SFP. If this is never going to work at this point, then I'll need my refund. I can't refund the extra SFP unfortunately. I'm at a loss

http://pastebin.com/x8gZ6uYY
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:58 pm

1. Your NVIDIA video driver in this paste is version 372.90, released in September. The latest non-beta version (2 weeks old) is 376.33. I am inclined to ask if you have tried with a newer driver version, and if not -- could you?

2. When you are attempting to launch the game, right click Inner Space and select Console. This is where ISBoxer details what it is doing at the time. It may provide a clue here. Presumably, it will show a Rift client launching when you click Play, and I would assume that it is silently crashing at that point for you.

If that is true, you can check the Windows Event Log for an application error listed for Rift. Microsoft's instructions for opening the Event Viewer are "Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.". (You may be able to Win+R and type in "eventvwr") After opening event viewer, expand "Windows Logs" (not "Applications and Services Logs") and click "Application". This should list recent application crashes and other things at the top of the middle area. If there is an entry for the game or launcher from the date/time it failed to launch, select it grab me the XML View under the Details tab at the bottom.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:34 pm

lax wrote:1. Your NVIDIA video driver in this paste is version 372.90, released in September. The latest non-beta version (2 weeks old) is 376.33. I am inclined to ask if you have tried with a newer driver version, and if not -- could you?

2. When you are attempting to launch the game, right click Inner Space and select Console. This is where ISBoxer details what it is doing at the time. It may provide a clue here. Presumably, it will show a Rift client launching when you click Play, and I would assume that it is silently crashing at that point for you.

If that is true, you can check the Windows Event Log for an application error listed for Rift. Microsoft's instructions for opening the Event Viewer are "Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.". (You may be able to Win+R and type in "eventvwr") After opening event viewer, expand "Windows Logs" (not "Applications and Services Logs") and click "Application". This should list recent application crashes and other things at the top of the middle area. If there is an entry for the game or launcher from the date/time it failed to launch, select it grab me the XML View under the Details tab at the bottom.

As I said before, first time was after reinstalling windows (not drive wipe at the time, just reset basically). It had problems then after everything was up to date, no matter what I did... nothing worked.

I did a complete reformat, reinstall of windows last night. No further updates other than whatever windows did overnight for an update, no NVidia updates yet, just for testing things out.. though I get the same exact result as before. Glyph logs in, game never launches, it's in task manager with ISboxer, but fine without it. I did update the driver just now, same issue.

I looked at Windows Event Logs and nothing appears. It lets me log in, I hit play, it does it's initializing rift.. glyph closes... nothing happens. No logs. Console shows it timing out after 3 minutes of not launching the team (2 chars at this point). I again tried to go back to 32 bit, same issue. Rift sits in task manager, doing nothing https://gyazo.com/6c0e2187bc7b53aa6c14f9d57e5dec11

Never wanted gaming rage before, but upgrades to SFP for family was expensive lol
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Thanks

According to the Console log, the instance of Glyph launched by Inner Space is not launching RIFT at all.

Is Glyph already running when you launch your team? If it is already running, attempting to launch your team is just going to tell the already-running Glyph client to pop up, and Inner Space (and ISBoxer) will not be active in the Glyph client.

Please get me Compatibility diagnostics, from an instance of Glyph that is launched by Inner Space.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:59 pm

lax wrote:Thanks

According to the Console log, the instance of Glyph launched by Inner Space is not launching RIFT at all.

Is Glyph already running when you launch your team? If it is already running, attempting to launch your team is just going to tell the already-running Glyph client to pop up, and Inner Space (and ISBoxer) will not be active in the Glyph client.

Please get me Compatibility diagnostics, from an instance of Glyph that is launched by Inner Space.

No, Glyph isn't already running when I start innerspace launch of my team. Glyph comes up, it has me log in, I click play, it starts its initializing process... and that's it. Glyph goes away, game never starts. it just sits there in the processes.

Compatibility with Glyph/innerspace
http://pastebin.com/mW8AKwwn

Return to RIFT