FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setup Help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nuuli

Post Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Setup Help

I'm still trying figure out 42. Fortunately, my old sets still work. An updated step by step tutorial would be appreciated. :D

Split from another topic about formations.
-MiRai
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: various formations flying V, line and star not working

Nuuli wrote:I'm still trying figure out 42. Fortunately, my old sets still work. An updated step by step tutorial would be appreciated. :D

A step-by-step tutorial for... formations? Their setup hasn't changed, but if you're mixing an ISBoxer 41 setup with an ISBoxer 42 setup, then that's likely the issue. Your old Key Maps probably aren't assigned to your newly created Character Set, and, likewise, your new Key Maps/Mapped Keys don't have the proper Hotkey(s) set to use the formations.

If you have an intricate setup that you want to keep, then I'd suggest backing it up (File > Save As) and then starting fresh with an ISB42 only profile (File > Clear). Then you can open up two ISBoxers and copy things from one over to the other.
<<

Nuuli

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: various formations flying V, line and star not working

MiRai wrote:
Nuuli wrote:I'm still trying figure out 42. Fortunately, my old sets still work. An updated step by step tutorial would be appreciated. :D

A step-by-step tutorial for... formations? Their setup hasn't changed, but if you're mixing an ISBoxer 41 setup with an ISBoxer 42 setup, then that's likely the issue. Your old Key Maps probably aren't assigned to your newly created Character Set, and, likewise, your new Key Maps/Mapped Keys don't have the proper Hotkey(s) set to use the formations.

If you have an intricate setup that you want to keep, then I'd suggest backing it up (File > Save As) and then starting fresh with an ISB42 only profile (File > Clear). Then you can open up two ISBoxers and copy things from one over to the other.

Okay, maybe I need to get down to a basic setup for another thread. I cleared the profile and started fresh. I'm dual boxing, I used the Wizard to create a new team. I'm having problems with follow/assist. I have the keybindings from the original tutorial. I'm not quite understanding the 42 keymaps and how the wizard sets it up. I can deal with formations then.

Thanks for your response.

Nuuli

Return to RIFT