FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stop Following

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cuts101

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:13 am

Stop Following

Hi all after some help, have followed the guide on running a 5 man group. Have added, as suggested to form v formation on the pull command. The issue l am having is all but one stop following. I cut and past the command. Any suggestions

Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:40 am

Re: Stop Following

<<

cuts101

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:52 am

Thanks, but have no idea what I'm looking at there. Don't need to make the formation, just need to break follow command
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 am

Your initial query could go either way, so I'll answer both options.

My toons are breaking follow when I use a formation
Your toons are breaking follow because they are being sent individual move commands (curtesy of the formation), and movement tends to break follow in most MMO's. You cant really move in formation because "FAQ: Why do my toons move in different directions", although you can probably get away with it for short distances..

One of my toons does not break follow when using a formation
Because you are using a formation to stop following, and there is a bug in the current Target for the actions of the formation. To fix this, you need to find the formation mapped key (under Non-Combat), and in the actions, set the target so it contains either the extra brackets in the locations highlighted, or you can change the targets to a simplified version as Lax outlined which is
Code:
(@(other isboxer) &~dxnothing)#x
where x is a number (try and replace the x with the existing number at the end of the targets for the existing actions).
<<

cuts101

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:36 am

bob wrote:One of my toons does not break follow when using a formation
Because you are using a formation to stop following, and there is a bug in the current Target for the actions of the formation. To fix this, you need to find the formation mapped key (under Non-Combat), and in the actions, set the target so it contains either the extra brackets in the locations highlighted, or you can change the targets to a simplified version as Lax outlined which is
Code:
(@(other isboxer) &~dxnothing)#x
where x is a number (try and replace the x with the existing number at the end of the targets for the existing actions).

Thanks mate, it worked :)

Return to RIFT