FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Clarification on Glyph Team Login Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bhrawn

Post Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Clarification on Glyph Team Login Issues

I've read several posts on these forums about Rift and Glyph and the less fluid method of getting your team successfully logged in and with the proper windows with the proper titles (ie. first window starting with is1, etc.) There is a bit of old info and a bit of recent info that seem to conflict, so, I thought I'd ask to see if I can clear some of this up and hopefully make my life easier in the process.

Situatoin:
I have a team of 5 Rift toons that I would like to streamline the login process.

Currently the best method I know of logging them in:
Launch InnerSpace.
Launch team set.
Wait for Glyph to open.
Type in 1st account email/password. Login. Click Play. Wait for 1st Rift client character screen to appear. Swap to Glyph. Logout. Login.
(Check to make sure first client is titled is1. If not, close client. Exit InnerSpace. Start over.)
Change account info to 2nd account email/password. Login. Click Play. Wait for Rift 2nd character screen to appear. Swap to Glyph. Logout. Login.
Change account info to 3rd account email/password. Login. Click Play. Wait for Rift 3rd character screen to appear. Swap to Glyph. Logout. Login.
Change account info to 4th account email/password. Login. Click Play. Wait for Rift 4th character screen to appear. Swap to Glyph. Logout. Login.
Change account info to 5th account email/password. Login. Click Play. Wait for Rift 5th character screen to appear.
Relaunch InnerSpace Rift team so all windows move to their appropriate locations.
(As they load, they stack on top of each other instead of loading to thier appropriate location, which is why a final Team launch from InnerSpace is required.)

This has about a 75% success rate. Every 3rd or 4th time I get is2 as the first window, and if I continue finishing the team, the windows do not swap correctly. So, if is1 starts off incorrectly as is2, there is no point going on and I restart the process.

This method works, but, I remember pre-Glyph there was a very convenient way of logging in where InnerSpace would insert the account name for you and you just had to put in the password.

I've read posts where there is supposed to be some File Virtualization and if you close Glyph after login, it will change the info for you, but, I have not gotten that to work and in fact, other issues pop up when I even try. (I'll explain in a minute)

I've read Lax's post here:
http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6990#p33005
about how to set up File Virtualization and I've followed those instructions.

There is also this post:
http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7739&view=previous#p36177
which hints file virtualization with Glyph might be broken? The proposed solution is to just close Glyph each time, which I've tried, but that does not change the account information already stored in glyph and you have to change it anyway. Also, after the first client launches and Glyph closes, it takes more than a minute for Glyph to launch again, and after the second client, Glyph will not launch again on the 3rd and successive clients unless you relaunch your InnerSpace Team. (As a side note, if you try to launch Glyph by itself, outside of InnerSpace after the first client is launched, it does not launch Glyph, or something happens that it does not come up, and you have to re-launch your team via InnerSpace for each of the next 3 clients in your team.)

So, after about 2 weeks of trying a variety of methods launching my team, I'm really just looking for the most fluid way to do it. (Optimally having account info inserted into each login screen each time a client is started.) Is File Virtualization broken for Glyph at the moment? Is the best way to just keep the original Glyph launcher open and logout/login after each client loads? (By the way, if I keep Glyph open, after client one finishes, a second Glyph tries to open and throws an error window saying you have a Glyph window open already, which I end up just closing.)

Any info on streamlining launching teams would be hugely appreciated. I'm not a pro at ISBoxer or InnerSpace, but I think I'm versed enough to be able to at least understand instructions and where stuff is.

Thanks.
Bhrawn
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 28, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Clarification on Glyph Team Login Issues

Bhrawn wrote:Type in 1st account email/password. Login. Click Play. Wait for 1st Rift client character screen to appear. Swap to Glyph. Logout. Login.

This is not the correct way to launch teams through a launcher. You should be closing down the Glyph client in order to allow a new Glyph client to launch. I realize that you said you've tried that and it doesn't work, but that isn't actually the root of your issue, and I'm just clarifying this for anyone who stumbles upon this information in the future.

Bhrawn wrote:(As they load, they stack on top of each other instead of loading to thier appropriate location, which is why a final Team launch from InnerSpace is required.)

They stack because you're using the same Glyph client to start all of your characters and Inner Space thinks that it's just re-launching the same slot over and over because you are not fully closing down Glyph (and therefore it's putting all the game clients in the same spot). Whether or not re-launching the team fixes things after everything is launched, it's not how we recommend loading your game clients when using a launcher because it generally messes with the virtualization.

In regards to the rest of your post, the only up-to-date information is as of last week (the thread directly below this one at the time of your post). Lax released a fix for Trion's games in both Inner Space, and ISBoxer, so make sure you're using, at least, the versions that he has listed in his post. This should fix all of your issues with virtualization and logins being properly saved (but you have to close down the Glyph client between slots launching).

lax wrote:Inner Space build 6129 and ISBoxer 41.15.0523.1 are now available with Glyph compatibility updates. This should solve the new issues with Glyph (and subsequently Rift and Trove) that have popped up with their new update.

Inner Space build 6129 is now the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

ISBoxer 41.15.0523.1 is available via Help->About ISBoxer. Do a fresh Export to Inner Space after updating ISBoxer Toolkit
<<

Bhrawn

Post Sun May 29, 2016 4:29 am

Re: Clarification on Glyph Team Login Issues

MRai

Thanks for posting this. I was looking for info I possibly missed in other posts, and I think you provided it.

Also, I realize I was doing it 'wrong' but since the right way wasn't working, I posted what I was doing and what was happening in hopes someone could help me understand why it wasn't working.

My InnerSpace was updated to the correct version, and I *thought* my ISBoxer was, but, it turns out I was running a version behind. I've updated ISBoxer to 41.15.0523.1 and that has potentially fixed the problems I've been having with my team. I will give the newest version a go and return if I continue to have issues.

Thanks for the reply and the info!

Return to RIFT