FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift just doesn't work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nuuli

Post Fri May 20, 2016 5:42 am

Rift just doesn't work

Today, March 20th 2016, ISBoxer launches Glyph once and that's it. More importantly Rift game isn't responding to ISBoxer. No overlays, nada...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 20, 2016 7:55 am

Re: Rift just doesn't work

I am looking into the issue and will provide an update as soon as I can
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 20, 2016 9:24 am

I expect to have an update for Inner Space in a few hours to correct this issue. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Inner Space build 6128, now the development build of Inner Space, should correct this issue with Glyph. To try it out, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Let me know how it goes :)
<<

riboui

Post Fri May 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Inner Space correctly launches Glyph and Rift in it's window, but both windows (I'm 2 boxing) use the same account information and screen region.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri May 20, 2016 4:44 pm

riboui wrote:Inner Space correctly launches Glyph and Rift in it's window, but both windows (I'm 2 boxing) use the same account information and screen region.

Honestly, this sounds like a completely separate issue, but if you haven't updated to the development version (as lax points out above) then you are going to have to do that or else you will have issues with RIFT at the moment. Otherwise, if you've updated then you need to ensure that the launcher is completely closing before attempting to launch another character.
<<

Nuuli

Post Fri May 20, 2016 4:51 pm

At work atm... shhhh! Will try it out tonight and get back to you.
<<

Nuuli

Post Fri May 20, 2016 4:58 pm

riboui wrote:Inner Space correctly launches Glyph and Rift in it's window, but both windows (I'm 2 boxing) use the same account information and screen region.

My situation is that it launches glyph once but after I launch Rift, it doesn't interact. I have to launch twice from ISBoxer/Inner Space and change the account information. So basically it may be the same issue. The windows are stacked on top of each other but the screens are not really controlled by ISBoxer. As I posted, I'll be on later tonight and try out the dev patch.

Also what shard are you dual boxing on? I"m on Faeblight with numerous teams of two.
<<

riboui

Post Fri May 20, 2016 7:19 pm

riboui wrote:
Inner Space correctly launches Glyph and Rift in it's window, but both windows (I'm 2 boxing) use the same account information and screen region.

Honestly, this sounds like a completely separate issue, but if you haven't updated to the development version (as lax points out above) then you are going to have to do that or else you will have issues with RIFT at the moment. Otherwise, if you've updated then you need to ensure that the launcher is completely closing before attempting to launch another character.

This is post fix, after downloading the development version. It broke as the OP stated with the last glyph patch. The dev version only half fixed the problem for me.
<<

Nuuli

Post Fri May 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Tried out the fix... seems to work. Had to help the 2nd launch. But it's working. Haven't run it through it's full paces yet.
Last edited by Nuuli on Fri May 20, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to RIFT