FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift just doesn't work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bhrawn

Post Fri May 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Rift just doesn't work

Working as intended. Thanks for the quick fix lax!
<<

RavenSkye

Post Fri May 20, 2016 9:33 pm

lax wrote:Inner Space build 6128, now the development build of Inner Space, should correct this issue with Glyph. To try it out, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Let me know how it goes :)

Working here...

I take that back. It tries to load the first main character, so I manually log in a second and it still thinks it's the first. and only will go up to a second character and stops
<<

RavenSkye

Post Fri May 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Will write a better example of what's happening. I have 5 characters.

WHen I either do one at a time or launch a team, it doesn't pick up and launch that login or the first in the team as it used to. It starts with whatever the login was once, in my case it was my second character.

So, I log out, close rift/glyph and start over. I log in character 1, no problem, all the boxer stuff is there. I manually close glyph as I always had to, glyph opens again for character 2, however, it's using character 1 login instead of prompting or going into login for character 2. I relog into the correct login, it says the name of my first character on top of the 2nd characters screen. So, I close it all out.

It doesn't attempt to log in anything else other than that screen and the windows layout doesn't work because all characters are thinking they are character 1. I haven't tried to log in each one anyway and pretend they are all character 1 to see if it works. I hate having it all on one screen, I have a 3 monitor system and spreading it out was easier.

No matter which character I tell it to try to log in, it always reverts back to the last login that was used, not the next character
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 am

I am looking into further issues with Glyph, thanks guys

You may be able to work around the issue where your game windows are "stacking" and/or thinking it is the wrong character -- try Launching your Character Set again, after it has already launched. ISBoxer should refresh the existing windows with corrected info
<<

RavenSkye

Post Sat May 21, 2016 9:26 am

lax wrote:I am looking into further issues with Glyph, thanks guys

You may be able to work around the issue where your game windows are "stacking" and/or thinking it is the wrong character -- try Launching your Character Set again, after it has already launched. ISBoxer should refresh the existing windows with corrected info

Tried that, even cleared the whole setups and made a completely new one. It does the same thing.
<<

Nuuli

Post Sat May 21, 2016 3:05 pm

It's Saturday and we're back where we started. I'm pretty sure it's Trion's Glyph that the issue. Not a stable with everything they're tossing out on it. NA Shards are down. Tried my team on the EU shards and we're back to square one. Sigh...
<<

freakyspider

Post Mon May 23, 2016 9:02 am

Have always had trouble with Rift since they switched to the glyph launcher, and had to 'forget login info' for all my accounts, resulting in about 5-8 minutes to get all my guys actually in game. Would love to see that fixed as well (if possible).

But i've noticed another issue since the recent updates to glyph, innerspace seems to see several process being launched and is giving them all separate window names, resulting in the final launch to be a different number than it should. I box 4 guys, and my windows should be is1/2/3/4, dxnothing is5, however, lately it seems to look like this: is2/4/5/7, dxNothing is8. this of course completely breaks all the viewers I have setup.

here's a quick snippet of the console:
| 09:27:58 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'RogueMain (Hailol)'
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClient.exe" NULL'.
Session name 'RIFT37692' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClient.exe
Session name 'is50' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClient.exe
Session name 'RIFT30732' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'RIFT38224' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphCrashHandler.ex
Session name 'RIFT38792' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'is1' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'RIFT36200' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'RIFT5948' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT\rift.exe
Session name 'is2' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT\rift.exe
Session launched (is2): "C:/Program Files (x86)/RIFT/rift.exe"
| 09:29:04 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 2 Character 'RogueTwo (Hailol)'
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClient.exe" NULL'.
Session name 'RIFT38404' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClient.exe
Session name 'RIFT38564' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'RIFT38536' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'is1' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'RIFT37524' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClientApp.exe
Session name 'RIFT36904' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT\rift.exe
Session name 'is3' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT\rift.exe
Session launched (is3): "C:/Program Files (x86)/RIFT/rift.exe"

Have tried with and without innerspace test patch.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 23, 2016 9:29 am

But i've noticed another issue since the recent updates to glyph, innerspace seems to see several process being launched and is giving them all separate window names, resulting in the final launch to be a different number than it should.

That's exactly what is expected to happen if you have not followed the instructions in this thread to update to the current development build of Inner Space.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 23, 2016 9:58 am

Inner Space build 6129 and ISBoxer 41.15.0523.1 are now available with Glyph compatibility updates. This should solve the new issues with Glyph (and subsequently Rift and Trove) that have popped up with their new update.

Inner Space build 6129 is now the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

ISBoxer 41.15.0523.1 is available via Help->About ISBoxer. Do a fresh Export to Inner Space after updating ISBoxer Toolkit
<<

freakyspider

Post Mon May 23, 2016 12:09 pm

innerspace updated, isboxer is not updating. Help > About > Download Update > my version is 41.15.517.1 > click update now > isboxer reboots, but is still version 41.15.517.1
PreviousNext

Return to RIFT