FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift low FPS in background-clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

harryszocks

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:53 am

Rift low FPS in background-clients

Hey there.

I've the problem, that the foreground-client have ~60 fps, the background-clients ~ 5-15 fps. This effects, that the toons are stopping following after a short time. The Rift-settings are on minimal and the low-render-quality is on on all clients. The CPU is between 80 and 100 percent every time all 5 clients are open. With Word of Warcraft (MoP) I haven't any problems with very good settings (I only tested this, I'm playing Wotlk on a privat server with a team of 5).

My pc-specification:
CPU: i5-3570 @ 3.4 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
graphics card: GeForce GT 740, driver-version: 364.72
screen: LG ultrawidescreen, 2560x1080

My isboxer-configuration: http://pastebin.com/TX9KinDy.

I'm also done this: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate. Can the "downgrade" of the ingame-resolution fix something?

I hope, you can help, I wanna play only Rift in the future (and the fpt is okay). And I'm sorry for my english :)

Greetings, Harry
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Rift low FPS in background-clients

harryszocks wrote:The CPU is between 80 and 100 percent every time all 5 clients are open.

This statement would indicate that this is could easily be the issue, but even after you relieve this bottleneck your 740 is likely going to get hit hard, as well.

harryszocks wrote:With Word of Warcraft (MoP) I haven't any problems with very good settings

Totally different games with totally different engines run totally different from each other.

harryszocks wrote:(I only tested this, I'm playing Wotlk on a privat server with a team of 5).

This is not a good comparison since older versions of WoW take way less resources to run than the current version of WoW.

harryszocks wrote:I'm also done this: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate. Can the "downgrade" of the ingame-resolution fix something?

Yes, it can. The smaller of a resolution you use, the less pixels your hardware has to render. So, changing your Window Layout could help alleviate the issue, but because RIFT is not the most optimized game, you can expect to continue to run into issues moving forward unless you can free up a lot of your resources with a drop in resolution.

However, looking at your profile you're also trying to run every game client at 60 FPS all of the time (including in the background), and this is just not going to happen with your current level of hardware. So, I would also suggest that you change your CPU affinity to use all cores for every game client, and drop the FPS to something like 30/15 to see if that helps the problem. Either way, it's recommended to have at least one core per game client (or a CPU with hyper-threading), so only having four cores when trying to run five game clients is going to hurt.
<<

harryszocks

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:47 am

Re: Rift low FPS in background-clients

Dear MiRai,

your tip with 30/15 fps-settings was it.

But now I've another question. Why is the 5 rift (32 bit) and the 5 Rift error-handler open in task manager, when I am closing the clients? When I'm starting Rift without ISBoxer it is not that so.

Harry

Return to RIFT