FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow & Assist in Raids

Moderator: MiRai

<<

couillon

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Follow & Assist in Raids

I've hit a bit of a snag setting up my team. I set up follow and assist found on the wiki and that works to perfection as long as I'm in my 5 man party: http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Mult ... alkthrough

However, in activities such as Instant Adventures, where my 5 man party is split into different raid parties, the follow/assist function no longer targets the named players but targets other players in their party. Any ideas what could be going on?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Follow & Assist in Raids

Not really. According to that guide, if you setup a macro which says "targetexact fred", then fred should be targeted. If instead is targeting "Manny" when your macro says "targetexact fred", then that would be a game issue, and from the sounds of it, it is probably a game mechanic specific to raid parties.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 am

It sounds as if you're still using the default Variable Keystrokes which use F1-F5 for targeting party members, and this is why it's not working when your characters are split into different parties within a raid. If your characters were using the macros then they'd be targeting the character, by name, via the targetexact macro command.

The only way to know is for you to share your profile.
<<

couillon

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:30 pm

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any Hotkeys assigned to any of your follow or assist Mapped Keys. How exactly are you executing follow and assist?

Regardless, in order to fix your issue you need to:

• Change the Target(s) of the Actions in both your Follow Me and Assist Me Mapped Keys to be All w/o Current. This technically doesn't matter, but it makes for a cleaner setup.
  • Under the advanced section of both the Mapped Keys mentioned above, enable FTL modifiers. (Mentioned in steps 5 and 6 under the Make the Mapped Key for Follow section from the link you posted above.)
  • Assign a Hotkey to both the Follow Me and Assist Me Mapped Keys.

Assuming you have created macros in game which use the correct FTL modifier listed in the same link you provided, as well as given those macros a proper key binding, then all should be well. :)
<<

couillon

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:26 pm

MiRai wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any Hotkeys assigned to any of your follow or assist Mapped Keys. How exactly are you executing follow and assist?

Regardless, in order to fix your issue you need to:

• Change the Target(s) of the Actions in both your Follow Me and Assist Me Mapped Keys to be All w/o Current. This technically doesn't matter, but it makes for a cleaner setup.
  • Under the advanced section of both the Mapped Keys mentioned above, enable FTL modifiers. (Mentioned in steps 5 and 6 under the Make the Mapped Key for Follow section from the link you posted above.)
  • Assign a Hotkey to both the Follow Me and Assist Me Mapped Keys.

Assuming you have created macros in game which use the correct FTL modifier listed in the same link you provided, as well as given those macros a proper key binding, then all should be well. :)

Thanks! works like a charm now.

Return to RIFT