FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Glyph Login Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TMJ

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Glyph Login Issue

Hello,
I am new to ISboxer and am liking it very much. However I am having an issue with logging into RIFT via their Glyph application. My current setup is running 5 man warrior team on same pc. I have the option check for glyph to autoclose when a player is logged in. So I load the first character, glyph closes then it opens up a new glyph presumably so I can load the next character. When Glyph re-opens it is still logged into the previous account name and I have to go and logout and put in the new info manually for the 2nd account....this continues for all accounts until I have all 5 logged in. This is very time consuming and tedious, I was under the impression that ISBoxer would load my team all at once after the first time I logged in on that team.

Is there any way to configure Glyph to logout when it exits?

Is there anyway to configure ISboxer with logon info for each account in RIFT so it can launch/login the 5 man team at once?

Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

TMJ
<<

theukmoog

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:47 am

Re: Glyph Login Issue

I never got that Glyph abomination to work properly and still use the old Rift launcher.

Mine is in my Rift directory...

Games\Rift\riftpatchlive.exe

The only drawback with using the old patcher is when your accounts are coin-locked as your PC has changed IP, for example.
You need to log into the rift website to enter the code they mail you as the old launcher no longer prompts for that.
Small price to pay :)
RIFT - 5-boxing | EVE - 0-boxing... CCP go DIAF!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:55 am

TMJ wrote:Hello,
I am new to ISboxer and am liking it very much. However I am having an issue with logging into RIFT via their Glyph application. My current setup is running 5 man warrior team on same pc. I have the option check for glyph to autoclose when a player is logged in. So I load the first character, glyph closes then it opens up a new glyph presumably so I can load the next character. When Glyph re-opens it is still logged into the previous account name and I have to go and logout and put in the new info manually for the 2nd account....this continues for all accounts until I have all 5 logged in. This is very time consuming and tedious, I was under the impression that ISBoxer would load my team all at once after the first time I logged in on that team.

This should only happen the first time you log in your team. After that, Glyph should be saving your account information separately per Character in ISBoxer, via the Virtual File. Actually it looks like GlyphClient.cfg is not virtualized by default for RIFT, just for Trove .... so I might suggest the following:
1. In the Wizards menu select Virtual File Wizard
2. Leave the drop-down set to "Other (Please specify file)"
3. Under "Filename to virtualize" put in GlyphClient.cfg
4. Click Next
5. Now it asks who to apply it to, highlight all of your RIFT Characters and click Finish
6. Export to Inner Space

At that point it should begin saving the Glyph login info for you, for auto-login, for each Character.

Is there anyway to configure ISboxer with logon info for each account in RIFT so it can launch/login the 5 man team at once?

You cannot launch all 5 of RIFT at once, because it requires the launcher. If it was WoW, Diablo 3, EverQuest, or a handful of other games, the client could be launched directly instead. But RIFT and many other games require a launcher, which means there is necessarily extra work for you to do to launch your team. Properly configured that usually pretty much means "click play in the launcher".
<<

TMJ

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 pm

This should only happen the first time you log in your team. After that, Glyph should be saving your account information separately per Character in ISBoxer, via the Virtual File. Actually it looks like GlyphClient.cfg is not virtualized by default for RIFT, just for Trove .... so I might suggest the following:
1. In the Wizards menu select Virtual File Wizard
2. Leave the drop-down set to "Other (Please specify file)"
3. Under "Filename to virtualize" put in GlyphClient.cfg
4. Click Next
5. Now it asks who to apply it to, highlight all of your RIFT Characters and click Finish
6. Export to Inner Space

At that point it should begin saving the Glyph login info for you, for auto-login, for each Character.

You cannot launch all 5 of RIFT at once, because it requires the launcher. If it was WoW, Diablo 3, EverQuest, or a handful of other games, the client could be launched directly instead. But RIFT and many other games require a launcher, which means there is necessarily extra work for you to do to launch your team. Properly configured that usually pretty much means "click play in the launcher".

Thank you for your quick and detailed response. This has fixed my issue. My team now loads one by one as intended, all i need to do is click the start button for each one like you stated above.

Return to RIFT