FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Banned on main

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skarling

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:01 am

Banned on main

Just a heads-up for boxers in Rift. My main has just been banned -

This email is to inform you that your Trion Worlds account has been banned due to a violation of our Terms of Use, Code of Conduct. Privacy Policy, or End User License Agreement.

Trion has recently tightened its stance on boxing in conjunction with AA launch:

What is Trion's stance on multi-boxing in ArcheAge?

Having multiple accounts logged in from a single IP address or registered user is allowed. However, each account must be able to act independently of one another and be controlled without the use of any 3rd party software. You may have multiple accounts following a specified character and you may take action with each of these characters provided that it is being done manually by using the keyboard or mouse assigned to that character. Any program or set-up which will allow you to manipulate multiple characters with a single click or press of the button is prohibited and can lead to negative actions being taken against your account.

and apparently some of it spilled over to RIFT. The previous stance was:

"It is perfectly valid for a player to play the game on multiple accounts at the same time. While we do not condone or tolerate unattended gameplay or botting, if a player is actively in control of all of their characters, they are not in violation of our Code of Conduct."

I appealed, given that my team is 64 (current level cap is 65) I'd be very upset if they dont lift the ban, as I was enjoying the Nighmare Tide expansion. I dont PvP in Rift, but I did receive quite a bit of negative feedback from other players while grinding Rifts for faction - who seemed to assume I was botting. I'll update when Trion replies to my appeal.
Last edited by Skarling on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 am

Re: Banned on main

Yeah, there have been a small handful of cases like this since ArcheAge came out.

However, here it is from Daglar who is on the Rift Team: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/433342-multi-boxing-stance-change-5.html#post4856064
Hey guys, I didn't want to post in this thread until I got a chance to actually talk to our CS folks.

The article will be updated to reflect that RIFT and ArcheAge have different stances on this subject. No policy has changed for RIFT.

~Daglar
<<

Skarling

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:35 am

Yep, I saw this remark by Daglar on forums, however the article he mentions still has no reference to Rift policy... Meanwhile my whole team was banned, not just main. I wonder if they blanket-banned my IP and whether this has anything to do with multiboxing at all. Running virus scans on both PCs now to see if something crawled in undetected...

Crap, I was hoping to make it to level 65 today or tomorrow, aghhh. :evil:
<<

Skarling

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:42 am

No reply yet from Trion. Not surprising given that word is they are up to 120 hours wait time on ticket processing what with AA issues and all. My PCs are both clean, so it has to do with multiboxing. Also, the talk is that they are chasing multiple accounts coming from same IPs and ban them indiscriminately, and mine are all like rift.xx1@gmail.com, rift.xx2@gmail.com etc. - so quite a lure for ban wielders. Truly wish they had not combined both RIFT and AA into a unified Glyph launcher as they did. AA is like Ebola virus... or true Nightmare Tide... for us little Rifters.
<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:53 am

Got the reply from Trion. As I suspected. The irony is I do not play AA, it is not even installed on either of my PCs. No clue what to do now....

==============================================
Response By Email (GM Giant) (11/03/2014 05:45 PM)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recently banned Trion Worlds account. We have reviewed this account and the reason for the ban and have found this ban to be valid. While you are welcome to create a new account and begin a new adventure within ArcheAge, this account will not be reopened.

In order to best guarantee that your account is not closed again in the future please keep these tips in mind.

• DO NOT ever make use of a 3rd party program to assist you in ArcheAge. ArcheAge intentionally does not allow add-ons or macros. Any use of such is a violation of our terms of service and will lead to your account being closed permanently.
• DO NOT use a proxy service to login to our servers
• DO NOT create multiple accounts unnecessarily
• DO NOT mimic gold spammers/sellers
• DO make sure that you add valid information when creating your account. This means making use of a valid e-mail address, first and last name, date of birth, and secret questions and answers.
• DO try using a different e-mail domain if necessary

This decision is final. If you have any other questions or concerns in regards to ArcheAge or Trion Worlds then please let us know.

Regards,

GM Giant
Senior Manager, Customer Support
Trion Worlds Inc.
Customer By CSS Email (Alexander Kourbatov) (11/02/2014 07:55 AM)
===========================================================
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Skarling wrote:No clue what to do now....

You continue to push for a valid, and competent response from a GM on the matter. They're obviously quoting the policy for a game that you don't even play -- I would hardly consider that a closed matter.
<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Phew, sending a PM to Daglar (Senior Executive on Rift) helped :)

==========================
Greetings Alexander,

Thank you for your appeal inquiry.

We have reviewed your account and verified that you were banned incorrectly. We apologize for this error and we will use this information to improve our reports system so legitimate players such as yourself are not banned incorrectly going forward. We are working our hardest to get rid of as many of the illegitimate players as we are able to, but unfortunately this means that certain times our reports can be too restrictive and catch legitimate players. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. The ban has been removed and you should be able to log in normally once again. Good luck and have fun in RIFT.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Your reference number for this question is 141102-001151.
===============================

/dance

P.S. /cancel dance. Still cannot login on either of my accounts, but there is hope...
P.P.S. /dance again. All's fine now and lots of in-game gifts too. :D
Last edited by Skarling on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Good. I think the main problem is that their stance on multiboxing for ArcheAge is the only one listed in their support documentation. It was changed to specifically reflect ArcheAge after Daglar had to intervene last time, but RIFT's policy was not added to the documentation. If it was to be added I think there would be less confusion amongst the players and their staff.

Good to know I've still got time to multibox RIFT when I get bored of WoW. ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Glad to hear you got your accounts back. :)
<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Full access regained finally :). Got a pm from Daglar too

=============================
You were erroneously caught in a report -- and the example of you has now fixed that from happening to other folks.

Your accounts should be unbanned at this point. Sorry about that!

~Daglar
=============================

Hopefully the incident was the last of a kind in RIFT.

Return to RIFT