FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Main window never leaves home position

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tanker

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Main window never leaves home position

I updated Rift to the new Glyph launcher (can you say UGLY?), and after solving the problem with getting my two man team launched, I'm faced with a new issue.

Both toons open up full screen on their respective monitors, but when I press CTL-ALT-2 to swap the alt to the main screen and the main to the alt screen, only the alt moves. My main stays on the original monitor. It worked correctly this morning (before the patch).

I also upgraded to a new version of ISboxer today, added the GlyphConfig.cfg, and re-exported my team.

I'll continue to debug by restoring ISBoxer/Innerspace from backups and see if the issue is with the Glyph launcher (did I mention it's really ugly?) or something in the latest version of ISBoxer.

Edit: Restored my previous Innerspace directory: working fine. Added a GlyphClient.cfg virtual file and exported from version 41.8.609.1, and now the main never leaves the home position. Checking the file dates, the last time I exported before today was 4/26/2014.

Edit2: Here is my profile http://tny.cz/572c63d4 The failing team is team2a.
<<

tjrulesz

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:01 am

Re: Main window never leaves home position

I'm with you here. Same thing happening to me. Idk. Any help is greatly appreciated but nothing I've tried works.
Edit1: I tried creating a new character set. This does not help.
<<

tanker

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:26 am

This doesn't actually appear to be related to the ISBoxer version after all. I've done more testing and uncovered the following facts:

When I open my main the window always gets named "is2 (ctl-alt+1) toona - class". My alt window gets named "is3 (ctl-alt+2) toonb - class"
The popup text is correct on both windows.

If I relaunch the same team, I get a Glyph login box for my main again. I shouldn't get anything since the entire team is still active.

It seems like the first toon loaded isn't being configured properly, or Innerspace doesn't realize it is loaded.
<<

tjrulesz

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:32 am

I noticed this as well. However, I run a 5-man team, and I can't get anything past the 3rd one to load. Even manually clicking Load a slot - Slot 4, it will not launch another Glyph.

Edit: After a full reinstall of ISBoxer, I'm able to load 5 windows now. Slowly but surely. Unfortunately, main window still will not swap properly.
<<

tjrulesz

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:30 am

Hey guy. Found a fix. Rename the Glyph folders. There's one in Program files and one in the Rift folder. This will then launch RIFT with the normal launcher and fixes this is issue. Assuming you're still launching riftpatchlive.exe.
<<

tanker

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:04 pm

A clean install of Rift does not include riftpatchlive.exe anymore, so the wizard will need to be updated. The shortcut on the desktop points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\GlyphClient.exe

Rift_post_glyph.png
Rift_post_glyph.png (158.75 KiB) Viewed 15836 times
<<

tanker

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:38 pm

tjrulesz wrote:Hey guy. Found a fix. Rename the Glyph folders. There's one in Program files and one in the Rift folder. This will then launch RIFT with the normal launcher and fixes this is issue. Assuming you're still launching riftpatchlive.exe.

I can't get this to work. Launching riftpatchlive either re-downloads Glyph, or opens the Glyph window.
<<

tanker

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 am

Some new information:

When I launch my main, the window name is initially set to

"is2 (Ctl+Alt+2)"

Then it changes to:

"is2 (Ctl+Alt+1) ToonA - Class..."

Return to RIFT