FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows 7 64-bit Users - Rift crashing?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

theukmoog

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Windows 7 64-bit Users - Rift crashing?

I couldn't get Rift to work this evening - had Windows updates this morning and a Rift patch this afternoon, which complicated things.

Eventually, took to the Rift forums and found...

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-disc ... crash.html

Hi all,

For users of Windows 7 & Vista 64-bit, today's Window's update contains a fix that will likely cause your copy of RIFT to crash. We are investigating why the update has a conflict with RIFT, but until then, we have provided an optional work-around to uninstall the specific update that causes the crash.

The specific update is KB2859537.

Should you need assistance uninstalling the fix, here are the provided instructions from the official Windows site:

Open Installed Updates by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then, under Programs and Features, clicking View installed updates.

Select the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

At this point in time, only Windows 7 & Vista 64-bit users are affected, and this fix has proved successful for most. If you experience otherwise, please let us know so we can explore other avenues of troubleshooting.

Thanks for the patience!

Uninstalling this 'patch' has fixed Rift for me
RIFT - 5-boxing | EVE - 0-boxing... CCP go DIAF!
<<

theukmoog

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Windows 7 64-bit Users - Rift crashing?

There was a small Rift patch today and this is now fixed - I've just re-applied KB2859537 and Rift is working fine again :)
RIFT - 5-boxing | EVE - 0-boxing... CCP go DIAF!

Return to RIFT