FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

computer specs required to 5 - box

Moderator: MiRai

<<

freecw

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:05 pm

computer specs required to 5 - box

Hello
I just started 5 boxing a few days ago and its been a blast but its starting to get annoying with the lag. My computer is a i5-3570 k (not over clocked yet) @ 3.4 GHz, 8 gb of ram, and graphics card is GTX 660 Ti. I turned all the graphics settings to low and I have tried all the different CPU strategies and I am still constantly dropping from 30 to 4 fps every few seconds.
I am just not sure if my computer just isn't good enough or if it's the settings I'm using. I have two monitors but I play with all 5 screens on a single monitor with the main window taking up 80% of the screen and the other 4 windows on the bottom and usually nothing on my other monitor.
Do I need to overclock my processor to be able to play without lagging so bad? Or is my computer just not good enough? I just built it a few months ago so I thought it should be able to handle multiboxing just fine.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: computer specs required to 5 - box

RIFT is heavy on the CPU compared to World of Warcraft. Your bottleneck (limiting factor) is likely the CPU. I don't know whether overclocking will solve the issue for you, but it might help a bit.

HOWTO: Tweak your framerate has some good suggestions in general. The Identifying framerate bottlenecks section will also help you pull some data to be sure of what is slowing you down.

Also if you have any RIFT Addons installed, try without them.

Return to RIFT