FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Turning with leader

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mikedsmwd

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Turning with leader

Hello folks,

I am thinking it would be helpfull for all my followers to turn simultaneously with their leader.

I followed the 5 man mixed group guide to get me up and running, (good job BTW to the guy who wrote it).

I have begun to experiment with minor edits to get a better grasp on how all these settings have to be made. Rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty is the only way I seem to learn stuff. Unfortunately at this early point I feel that a lot of the edit/changes I have been doing are maybe working but are KLUDGES.

I read through repeaters and mouse options and several other approaches but I am stumped as to how this best could be done for a RIFT team.

I fully intend to put in the time to learn this software as not only is it usefull I find it highly interesting.

Any solutions, ideas or input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thankx,
mikedsmwd
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Turning with leader

You will partly get this behaviour if you just have all of your slaves (non-active windows) follow your master (active window). This is Alt+F by default.

If you are talking about turning in place, then this is different. The easiest way is just to turn on Repeater (Shift+Alt+R) by default and then whatever you do on your main will be mirrored on your slaves. However, this is typically only used for short times as any initial differences get amplified with time.

The best way, to my mind, of doing this is already supported by the Quick Setup Wizard. It creates 2 Mapped Keys in the Non-combat Key Map called "Others turn Left" and "Others turn Right". For these Mapped Keys to work you need to give them a Hotkey by selecting the Mapped Key in the bottom-left pane of ISBoxer and clicking the < button next to the Hotkey in the bottom-right pane. I'd suggest Ctrl+A for Others turn Left and Ctrl+D for Others turn right as Hotkeys so they can be easily activated. Some people prefer to use the arrow keys for slave movement. Note: This assumes your in-game key bindings are set up so that A turns left and D turns right. If that is not the case, under Variable Keystrokes in ISBoxer, change the Key Combinations for Turn Left and Turn Right to match your in-game key bindings.

If the behaviour you'd prefer is that all characters turn at the same time you will need to change the Action in Step 1 of the Mapped Key from "<Turn Left> -> all other" to "<Turn Left> -> all". You do this by selecting the Action in the bottom-middle pane and then changing the Target in the bottom right pane from "Window:All w/o Current" to "Window:All w/ Current".

And, as an exercise, I'd suggest making an "Others move Back" Mapped Key in the same style (you can copy and paste Mapped Keys) which you can use to break follow or move your slaves out of danger.
<<

mikedsmwd

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: Turning with leader

Thank you for your suggestion, I will give this a try.

Return to RIFT