FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Automatically turn off mouse broadcasting?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finney

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:55 am

Automatically turn off mouse broadcasting?

Noob here, 5-way boxing Rift and got my toons up to level 12.

I'm always forgetting to turn off mouse broadcasting--by the time I remember I've run away from my group and they're spread all over Telara. Searched the forums but didn't find an answer.

I dug around and found the repeater state action http://isboxer.com/wiki/Repeater_State_Action so I thought I'd try to create a new map for my movement keys and bind an action to turn off mouse repeater first. I put the key map into "always on." No joy--all that happens is my toons stop following me and broadcasting stays on. Image

I'm not sure how Virtual Keys work but perhaps that's conflicting?

Anyone have an idea on how to make this work? Anything that automatically turns off mouse repeating when I move would be great--or even a big red banner on my screen whenever I have mouse repeat on.

Thanks!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:30 am

Re: Automatically turn off mouse broadcasting?

or even a big red banner on my screen whenever I have mouse repeat on.

I just make a Click Bar that I turn on (using a Click bar State Action) when Repeater is on and turn off again when Repeater is off. I add that Click Bar State Action to each Step of Activate Repeat.

The Click Bar itself is just a single Button, set quite large with a custom made texture. I made the one you can see below using GIMP, which is free.

Last edited by Alge on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

I'm not sure how Virtual Keys work but perhaps that's conflicting?

No. You would have had to configure some Virtual Mapped Keys for this to be possible (which is unlikely to do on accident), and I would assume you didn't do that. All a Virtual Mapped Key does is replace one with another.

I dug around and found the repeater state action http://isboxer.com/wiki/Repeater_State_Action so I thought I'd try to create a new map for my movement keys and bind an action to turn off mouse repeater first. I put the key map into "always on." No joy--all that happens is my toons stop following me and broadcasting stays on.

I'm not sure what you're showing is really what you want to do. Presumably you have Broadcasting Mode on, and you want to turn it off entirely instead of just the mouse part, and you probably want it synced with the broadcasting icon (assuming you didn't just remove it...). To do that, you can first use a Mapped Key Step Action to set "Activate Repeat" to Step 2, then a Do Mapped Key Action to perform "Activate Repeat" in Window:Current. This will disable Broadcasting Mode.

Secondly with this key binding you're broadcasting S to all windows instead of just the current window, so of course they will stop following you if you press this button (because they all want to move backwards any time you press S). Likewise, if you use a binding like this and set it to S goes only to the current window, then when you have Broadcasting Mode on and press S and expect it to go to all windows, it would only go to go to the current window... If you're going to use a mapping like this, I would suggest sending S only to the current window.

The screenshot doesn't show the Hold option, but you would also want Hold enabled on this Mapped Key so that you can hold it down to move.

You also probably don't want to bind "S" under "Always On", because at some point you're going to want S to do what it normally does instead of this particular behavior. You probably want to put it in the Non-combat Key Map (so it can be toggled off).

So in short... I would probably just do what Alge suggests. But if you're going to map your movement keys for this:
1. put them in Non-combat rather than "Always On"
2. make sure Hold is enabled
3. only send the keystroke to Window:Current
4. instead of using a Repeater State Action, turn Broadcasting Mode off via a Mapped Key Step Action to set Activate Repeat to Step 2, and then a Do Mapped Key Action to do Activate Repeat (doing step 2, which turns off Broadcasting Mode)
<<

Finney

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks very much for the prompt and detailed replies.

Actually what Alge suggests is perfect. I'll play around with a Click bar State Action and see what I can come up with.

But now I'm intrigued by what else Alge has going on in that screenshot. The upper left looks like some kind of specialized unit frames. What is that grid-like box in lower center-left? And the one to its right?

Sorry to be a pain, but especially that "Loot" button would be great--if it somehow would allow me to loot without jumping from window to window.

(Ah--now that I look at click bars I see what those are. Never mind!)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 pm

The upper left looks like some kind of specialized unit frames.

It's Gadgets, with some custom modifications.

What is that grid-like box in lower center-left? And the one to its right?

The ones directly beneath my character are my party frames, using Gadgets, with a Click Bar overlaid on it for click healing.
To the left of that, where the loot button caught your eye, is a Menu. I talk about how I loot in RIFT here.
<<

PlayerOne

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:11 am

If I understand what you want to do, here is a simple fix. Can also use it for movement keys.

Click on Key Maps on the top left
Right Click Mapped Keys on bottom and go to Mapped Key Wizard
Select Straight Key Broadcast
Hotkey: Mouse2 (or whatever you want)
Target for Keystrokes: Window:Current
Select box "Hold for broadcasted..."

This will allow your Mouse2 (or whatever you choose) to only work in active window.

If that isn't quite what you are hope it helps anyways!

Return to RIFT