FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Noob Multiboxing question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Akillerboy187

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Noob Multiboxing question

I have a 5 man group of 2 rouges 1 warrior a mage and a cleric and i was wondering how i can make the melee charterers move to the target and the casters move back so they can cast?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: Noob Multiboxing question

The version of "interact" in RIFT does not include a click-to-move component, so you cannot just press a button and have your melee characters run to a target. To get your melee characters in range you will need to run through the mob and turn so your melee characters are behind it. The good news is that the hitbox is quite large and follow persists through combat.

Making your casters move back is just a matter of broadcasting a movement key to an Action Target Group (ATG) that only includes those Characters. First, make an Action Target Group that contains only your ranged Characters. Then use the Mapped Key Wizard to make a Straight Broadcast Mapped Key of S, with the Hold option on and the Target for keystrokes being the ATG you just created. Important Note: By default the Hotkey for this Mapped Key will be S. You will want to change that to something else which is easy to press in combat.

Finally, I wouldn't bother with making your ranged characters move back. In my team of rogue tank, three warrior melee and cleric healer I find it is just easier to have the cleric follow along with everybody else. Otherwise I end up breaking follow and re-enabling follow repeatedly. That will allow you to focus on the positioning required to make sure everyone is meleeing properly.
<<

Akillerboy187

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Re: Noob Multiboxing question

Thanks for the reply this helped me a lot :D

Return to RIFT