FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple Request

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nigh

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Simple Request

Have everything setup how I like it so that my characters will follow out of group party.
All thats left to setup is automatically assist, so when I press 1-9 it will auto assist from all 4 other character and cast whatever is on the 1-9 bars.
Is there a really simple way to do this?

I tried doing the FTL setup via:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Mult ... g_DPS_keys

I'm a noob when it comes to macros, etc in general so its really hard to wrap my brain around this, could someone point me into a simpler guide?

I'm so lost for example I dont even know where to put these:

Invite Characters Ctrl+Alt+I
Follow Character 1 Shift+F11
Follow Character 2 Alt+F11
Follow Character 3 Ctrl+F11
Follow Character 4 Shift+Alt+F11
Follow Character 5 Shift+Ctrl+F11
Assist Character 1 Shift+F12
Assist Character 2 Alt+F12
Assist Character 3 Ctrl+F12
Assist Character 4 Shift+Alt+F12
Assist Character 5 Shift+Ctrl+F12

Everything is setup from ISBoxer and I haven't touched anything so theres really no need to show a pastebin.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: Simple Request

You make those macros in RIFT. The images on the right hand side of that wiki page show you some examples. That table just gives you some suggested names for those macros and the key bindings you will need to set in RIFT on the action bars where you place those macros.

<<

warwick

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Simple Request

Create a macro in RIFT for each character in your team called Follow and Assist. Based on the guide bind these macros to F11 for follow and F12 for assist.

SO if your team is Joe1, Joe2, Joe3, Joe4, and Joe5 you would go to each guy and add the macros.

Each team member would have a Follow Macro like this

Follow [shift] Joe1
Follow [alt] Joe2
Follow [ctrl] Joe3
Follow [shift] [alt] Joe4
Follow [shift] [ctrl] Joe5

I am at work and do not have access to my setup so you may need to alter this slightly. I think you may need to add a targetexact like this "follow [shift] targetexact Joe1" but I am not sure.

DO the same for the assist macro and make sure that Joe1 has the same keystrokes needed in each macro. SO if Joe1 is [shift] in the follow macro he needs to be [shift] in the assist macro. In fact he needs to be [shift] in ever teammate's macro.

Now you have an in-game assist and follow macro that is a pain in the ass for a human to use but one that isboxer can make wonderful use.

Now in ISBoxer you need to assign the FTL value to each character based on those in game macros. SO Joe1 needs to have the shift box checked. The place to check is here

This image would correspond to Joe2's setup and needs to be Alt.

The last major step is to set up the follow key with the Use WoW FLT settings to On. You can find this under the 'Advanced' tab of the key. (Go to key map ---> look at the Key in bottom left window---> click on 'Advanced')

If those 3 pieces are in place then you should be able to hit F11 in any window and the remaining 4 teammates will follow the person you are driving.

Conceptually this is what is happening

You hit F11 on your keyboard.
ISBoxer takes that keystroke and finds that it has been mapped.
ISBoxer sees that it is suppose to send this keystroke at all other windows expect that one that it originated in.
Further ISBoxer has to account for the WOW FTL settings that are active.
ISBoxer looks up the FTL setting assigned to the activating window. Lets say this is Joe1 so ISBoxer returns 'shift'
ISBoxer then sends shift-F11 to 4 inactive windows
The Rift client now takes over and execute this keystroke according to the ingame key bindings.
Since F11 is set to the Follow macro it is performed.
Since it was also sent with the shift keystroke all 4 clients execute "follow Joe1"

Hopefully that helped.

Return to RIFT