FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Virtaul Map Keys on Role switch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

warwick

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:52 pm

New Virtaul Map Keys on Role switch

Is there a way to swap a new virtual map key set when I change roles within Rift? Say I move from Inquistor to Cabalist on my cleric is there a way to change the config from;

Combat Keys ---> Virtual Keys -----> Inquistor Rotation

to

Combat Keys ---> Virtual Keys ----> Cabalist Rotation

Each of the above are key maps. I would think it is doable with Virtual key maps but the solution is eluding me. If it is a simple I have just missed it.

Thank you
Warwick
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: New Virtaul Map Keys on Role switch

Yes.

Use a Mapped Key Virtualization Action, under "Key Map Actions". There's 2 boxes to configure a Mapped Key, one for "When performing this Mapped Key" and one for "Do this Mapped Key instead" -- you want both of those, but only fill out the Key Map portion.

e.g. When performing this Mapped Key = "Virtual Combat" Key Map, and "Do this Mapped Key instead" = "Inquisitor something or other"

This is assuming you have a separate Key Map depending on your role, not just a different Mapped Key within the same Key Map...
<<

warwick

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Been looking at your suggestion and this is what I understand you to mean

1. I create an ingame macro to handle the role shift. Assign this macro to something like shift-F12. Isboxer not involved at this step and this step is specific to a single character.
2. I create a key in my "non-combat" key map
.a. This key targets my cleric. So target = "Window:Cleric1"
.b. This key would have 2 actions bound to one step. First send shift+F12 to the Rift client to execute the ingame macro. And set the Virtual Key Map to the Inquistor Rotation Key Map
.c. This key map setting is accomplished by having the second action of the step be a Mapped Key Virtualization Action with the "When performing the Mapped Key" set to "Virtual Combat Key Map", the "Do this mapped Key instead" option checked, and the "Inquistor Rotation Key Map" loaded in the dialog box.

I can then repeat these steps for the Cabalist role by changing the ingame macro key bind to activate the cabalist soul and changing the "Inquistor Rotation Key Map" to the "Cabalist Rotation Key Map"

IS my understanding more or less correct or did I run down the wrong rabbit hole?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Yes, your understanding is basically correct. You could achieve this with a single Mapped Key, where Step 1 (the 2 actions you described) sets everything for inquisitor and Step 2 (2 similar actions, though the Mapped Key Virtualization Action will virtualize a different Key map) sets everything for Cabalist. The first time you activated this Mapped Key it would change to Inquisitor and the next time it would change to Cabalist and so forth.

Return to RIFT