FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow is causing mirrored movement

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Garp74

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Follow is causing mirrored movement

Hiya,

I've been going through Jeran's wonderful writeup the past hour or so. I have everything working except the FOLLOW part.

1) When I press alt+A, everyone assist's the character in the main window.
2) When I press alt-S, everyone will interact with the object in-game.

But when I press alt-D, nothing is happening.

Worse, when I press alt-shift-1, they say they're FOLLOWing the tank, but in reality, they're moving in the opposite direction he is. When he moves forward, they're moving backwards. When he moves backwards, they move forwards.

If I manually go through each character and set the to /follow the tank, it works.

Thoughts?
<<

Jeran

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Follow is causing mirrored movement

Couple guesses: 1) I forgot a step, 2)you still have mouse broadcasting on, 3) you hit the wrong button(s) when doing the quick start wizard, 4) still thinking

Edit3: If you post your config file, I'll take a look at it and see what's up. See this thread for how to post a config file: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13
<<

Garp74

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Jeran!

Thanks for the help.

Here's my config file:

http://www.privatepaste.com/ab20b2da4e

Garp74
<<

Jeran

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:59 pm

It looks like you have follow bound to alt-F, not alt-D. So when you hit alt-D, I have no idea what the alt does in this case but the D makes all your guys move backwards.

See the alt-F in this image? Change it to an alt-D and let me know if it works.

<<

Garp74

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Ok, that fixed it.

Next question, Jeran :)

I have broadcast off.
I have Key Maps ON.

How do I get them all to attack (pull, build, finish) with broadcast off?

If I turn broadcast on, then it works and they all follow my 1-2-3. But then weird stuff happens after the fight (like mirrored movement).
<<

Jeran

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:32 pm

I can't see anything wrong with the config file you sent, so my guess is that you did not rebind your primary action bar to the numpad numbers instead of the keyboard numbers.

The primary action bar starts out bound to the keyboard numbers (the ones located above the letters on the keyboard). In my tutorial, I tell you to you rebind them to the numpad numbers (the ones to the right of the enter key). Open up your in-game keybindings and double check which one the action bar is bound to.
<<

Garp74

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Hrm, yeah, I did that. It was a well written section - very clear.

When I turn broadcast ON, they do num 1, num 2, and num 3.

When broadcast is OFF, and Key Map is ON or OFF, they do not.

For now, that just means I have to toggle broadcast on and off before/after every fight, which doesnt seem quite right.
<<

Jeran

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Ok, I found something. Double check these two steps:

Step 13: In the top left window, select your character set. Drag the RIFT Virtual Combat and RIFT Combat Hotkeys from the top left window to the bottom left window.

In this step, it looks like you moved all of your key maps - Virtual, Combat, and the four class ones - not just the Virtual and Combat ones.

Step 14: In the top left window, select the RIFT Warrior key map. Then drag your warrior characters from the top left window to the bottom left window. Repeat for your rogues, mages, and clerics as appropriate.

In this step, it looks like you moved the entire character set, rather than individual characters to their respective keymaps.
<<

Garp74

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Ok, thank you. Yes, if there was any really unclear section of your tutorial, for me, those two steps were it. I really had no clue what I was doing there. Somehow, your writeup just now made more sense to me, so I think I have it like you're directing.

Edit: Ok, no difference. Alt-A and Alt-F work great when grouped, but I still have to turn broadcast on to get them to fight.
<<

Garp74

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Never did get this to work right :(

It'd be nice to pull and move MOBs around and just press Num-1, Num-2, etc. without having Broadcast ON.
Next

Return to RIFT