Follow is causing mirrored movement

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: Follow is causing mirrored movement

Garp74 wrote:Never did get this to work right :(

It'd be nice to pull and move MOBs around and just press Num-1, Num-2, etc. without having Broadcast ON.

Num 1, Num 2? The Hotkeys you have configured -- under RIFT Combat Hotkeys -- are 1, 2, and 3 on the number row rather than the Num Pad. If you want those to be Num 1, Num 2, and Num 3 you will need to adjust the Hotkeys in the RIFT Combat Hotkeys Key Map.
<<

Jeran

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm

To clarify - the reason I have you rebind your primary action bar to the numpad keys is because most people are used to spamming the number row keys and you don't want those key presses to also directly activate whatever is on your primary action bar in that slot. By default, they will, so we rebind all of them to the numpad instead.

It sounds like you might be spamming the numpad keys instead of the number row keys, which will only activate your action bar on whatever screen is primary (unless you have broadcasting on, then it will affect all the screens).

What you want to do is spam the number row keys (the ones above the letters, not the ones over on the right side of the keyboard). ISBoxer will read those commands and return whatever you've told it to in the class-specific key maps. For example, when you spam 1, your warrior might spam numpad1 but your rogue might spam numpad2 while your mage spams alt-numpad3. Or whatever. Hopefully that makes sense?
<<

Garp74

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Ohhhhhhh!

Wow, I totally didn't get that from the tutorial (but it's me, not you).

Thank you Iax and Jeran.

[Edit: oh my - works wonderfully well. So much better than how I was doing it yesterday and this morning. Yay!]
Previous

Return to RIFT