FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift not launching in windows 8

Moderator: MiRai

<<

NitroKoS

Post Tue May 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Rift not launching in windows 8

I am setting up multiple computers and the first few went fine (windows 7 boxes) but my windows 8 box wont launch rift via innerspace. The game launches fine manually and I have double checked the exe path , it is correct.

Here is what I see in the console:

| 16:41:20 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'Rift Rogues 2 - Thor'
| 16:41:20 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 16:41:20 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'Rift Rogues 2 - Thor' are
valid...
| 16:41:20 ISBoxer: Good!
| 16:41:20 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'Rift Rogues 2 - Thor' all slots...
| 16:41:20 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Nitroo'
Successfully executed '"E:\RIFT\riftpatchlive.exe"'.
| 16:44:20 ISBoxer: Character from Set 'Rift Rogues 2 - Thor' not fully launched after 3
minutes. Select again to continue launching additional slots.
| 16:44:20 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Rift not launching in windows 8

Make sure the neither game nor Inner Space has any Windows compatibility settings configured. (e.g. right click the desktop shortcut, select Properties, and make sure it's not set to Windows 7 compatibility, etc)

That works sometimes but there's actually hidden compatibility options in the Windows registry as well. The latest ISBoxer update can help us check those. In ISBoxer's Help menu, select About ISBoxer, and make sure you have the latest (if not, it will provide an update link). After you have the latest ISBoxer update, then under the Help menu, select "Diagnostics for game crashes". Select riftpatchlive from the list it gives you (you might need to open it first, without Inner Space.) When it Copies the diagnostics, you can then either paste them here or to privatepaste.com first and give me the link to it, or the Paste ID is usually enough.
<<

NitroKoS

Post Tue May 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Rift not launching in windows 8

A system restart solved the issue, thanks.

Return to RIFT