FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need Help With Mouselook Problem in RIFT

Moderator: MiRai

<<

vegas

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am

Need Help With Mouselook Problem in RIFT

I'm having a mouselook problem in RIFT, but it only seems to apply when I launch RIFT from Innerspace, so I'm blaming it on an ISBoxer problem :P This problem does not occur if I launch the game from the standard RIFT shortcut on my desktop. (i.e. single box mode)

I currently five box RIFT. A couple of days ago I've noticed an issue with RIFT which is a little difficult to explain, so I'll start by explaining what should happen normally and what I expect to happen:

When I hold the right click button down on my mouse, I go into mouselook mode and can move my mouse to turn my toon either to the right or the left. Standard stuff everyone does unless you're using your keyboard to turn, (which is gimped).

When I hold the right click button and move my mouse to the left, my character should keep turning left for as long as I'm moving the mouse to the left. When I hold the right click button and move my mouse to the right, my character should keep turning to the right as long as I'm moving the mouse to the right. This is what is normal.

Now the problem I've been having is that when I use mouselook to the right, my toon starts turning, but then I reach a hard stop where the character stops turning right, even though I am still moving my mouse to the right. Looking to the left works just fine, I can mouselook and move to the left as much as I want on my mousepad, but when trying to mouselook right I keep running into a hard stop. I have to release the right click button, move my cursor over to the left side of the window, and right click again to start turning right again. This is not only extremely annoying, but it makes me uncompetitive in pvp because I can't turn my toon where I want him to go.

Now the weird part, this only happens for Character Slot 1, for any of my toon sets. I have verified that mouselook is working correctly for Character Slots 2, 3, 4, & 5. It also just started a couple of days ago... (maybe there was an update to Innerspace/ISBoxer?) I started playing RIFT several weeks ago and it has always worked fine from the beginning. I haven't made any changes to my configuration over the last couple of days, but in case it is a configuration issue, I will post the link:

http://www.privatepaste.com/bb6cd2d608

A note to my configuration, there is a lot of WoW crap at the top that is not a part of the problem and can be ignored. The character sets for RIFT are named "Vegas Clerics", "Vegas Warriors", "Vegas Rogues", and "Vegas Mages". Any character sets like "5 Priests", "5 Monks", "5 Hunters", or "5 Pallies" are part of WoW and can be ignored. I didn't want to delete stuff and screw up the XML paste.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 am

Re: Need Help With Mouselook Problem in RIFT

Odd that it only happens with certain characters. This leads me to believe it is a RIFT game setting different in this window than the others. I would first check the windowed mode setting, and see if it's different than the other windows.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:00 pm

If, after you have checked whether this is caused by some different setting on Slot 1, you still suspect an issue with Inner Space, you could find the previous version of Inner Space in which it worked as you expected. I don't have the link at work but if you google for "inner space build archives" you'll find the right page. If it is an Inner Space issue that information would be very helpful in getting it fixed.
<<

vegas

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 pm

This issue was solved. I checked the video modes of each slot and found that slot 1 was somehow changed to "fullscreen" mode vs. "windowed" mode. I got the idea to check this when lax mentioned checking the windowed mode setting because he is some sort of genius. :)

No idea why "fullscreen" mode messes up mouselook or how my video setting got changed, but it's fixed nonetheless. Thanks lax.
<<

vegas

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:23 am

As an update, not only have I learned how to fix this, I learned what is causing it because it happened to me again last night.

Sometimes when I press Shift+Alt+M to turn key maps off because I want to chat, and then press Enter to bring up the chat box, I end up doing it so fast that Alt+Enter gets pressed at the same time. When you press Alt+Enter, the game changes video modes, and kind of screws up your windows for a second until you click on a different character slot and then back again to fix it. Then, you won't notice anything is wrong for a while until this mouselook issue starts occurring.

The only fix is to change the video mode back to 'windowed' from 'fullscreen', and then close that character slot window and launch it again from innerspace. Weird problem.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:38 am

If that is what is causing it then I have an easy fix for you, courtesy of ISBoxer.

Make a new, empty Mapped Key in the Always On Key Map. Set its Hotkey to Alt+Enter. ISBoxer will now intercept Alt+Enter and not send it to the game.
<<

vegas

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Awesome thanks Alge.

Return to RIFT