FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Independent multiboxing on two computers?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Smedbox

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 am

Independent multiboxing on two computers?

How do I and my wife multibox independently on two different computers? Let's say I run account 1 and 2 on computer A and she runs account 3 and 4 on computer B. We launch two separate Character Sets but use the same keymaps.

I would have expected a keymap to only affect the game instances launched by the specific Character Set, or at least execute only on the computers specified in the Character Set (defaulting to local PC only if no computers are set), but it seems that Innerspace still connects all computers on the LAN and all mapped keys are broadcasted to all computers that happens to be running. This means that we can't multibox independently.

Is there a good way for me to solve this problem without having to resort to making a complete copy of all Mapped Keys that sends to two separate Action Target Groups?

Or does Innerspace need a code change to support this?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 am

Re: Independent multiboxing on two computers?

Restart your copies of Inner Space (just the main program) to force them to disconnect, and you'll be fine.

Your computers are being connected by ISBoxer when you launch a multi-PC Character Set (one with "Also Launch" configured). When they are connected, "all" and ATGs include both PCs. They will remain connected until you re-launch Inner Space
<<

Smedbox

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Independent multiboxing on two computers?

Thanks, that works! :)

Return to RIFT