FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Copy / Paste doesn't work between clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 01, 2013 5:08 am

Re: Copy / Paste doesn't work between clients

Smedbox wrote:The problem still occurs in Rift. Perhaps InputDirector is interfering even though it's been disabed....

I don't know specifically what software you have running on your PC that takes over your Windows Clipboard and isn't in Administrator mode, but whichever software that is, is causing this problem on your PC!

Like my last post in this thread says: You can grab ISBoxer's Diagnostics ("for game crashes"; even though it's not crashing it's the same information needed here) to help narrow it down.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 01, 2013 5:58 am

I can confirm that before I had Input Director running as admin (about 10 minutes ago), copy and paste between RIFT instances would not work for me. Now that Input Director and its associated programs/services are running as admin, copy/paste between accounts works fine. :)
<<

our2

Post Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm

I pretty much uninstalled everything possible and/or shutdown processes and still can't get swtor to copy/paste. Understand it is something on my PC but why does it work without using innerspace and doesn't when launch game via innerspace?

I made a diagonistics report but its all greek to me lol, anyways its making me senile trying to figure it out.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed May 01, 2013 1:43 pm

our2 wrote:I made a diagonistics report but its all greek to me lol, anyways its making me senile trying to figure it out.

The point of the report is so that you can share it with people who know what they're looking at.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 01, 2013 7:13 pm

our2 wrote:Understand it is something on my PC but why does it work without using innerspace and doesn't when launch game via innerspace?

Because to do what it does Inner Space must be running with administrator privileges. Therefore, any other software which interacts with the game clients, including custom mouse/keyboard software and in this case whatever is managing your clipboard, must also be running using administrator privileges.
<<

our2

Post Thu May 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Alge wrote:Because to do what it does Inner Space must be running with administrator privileges. Therefore, any other software which interacts with the game clients, including custom mouse/keyboard software and in this case whatever is man

Only custom software have is win 7 pro 64 bit which read doesn't handle copy/paste very well but the mystery continues. Thanks for the reply!
<<

theukmoog

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:53 am

Bloody hell, this is annoying!

Can't copy/paste into/out of a Rift client :(

Running Win7-64 with no clipboard managerial software
RIFT - 5-boxing | EVE - 0-boxing... CCP go DIAF!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:43 am

theukmoog wrote:Bloody hell, this is annoying!

Can't copy/paste into/out of a Rift client :(

Running Win7-64 with no clipboard managerial software

It's already been demonstrated that ISBoxer doesn't affect your ability to copy/paste... Most of us are running Windows 7 x64.

Are you using any KVM software like Synergy, Input Director, Multiplicity? Those include clipboard management.

Do you have Microsoft Office? It has clipboard management.

If you want help narrowing it down, go into ISBoxer's Help menu and select "Diagnostics for game crashes", get diagnostics from a running game instance, paste to privatepaste.com and give us a link to it
<<

our2

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:26 pm

http://privatepaste.com/cb16e94761 PC with no management software or Office
http://privatepaste.com/1a68b41f32 this Pc does have Office and no clipboard management software

I see 4 different Process ID's, just pasted the first one on 2 different pc's
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:36 pm

You have KeePass running on both of those; KeePass has clipboard management.

Try running KeePass as Administrator and see if that helps
PreviousNext

Return to RIFT