FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Copy / Paste doesn't work between clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Smedbox

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Copy / Paste doesn't work between clients

When I run RIFT with ISBoxer, I can't Copy / Paste (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) between clients properly. It works fine when I launch RIFT manually, but not when launching via ISBoxer.

It seems that copy / paste does work when copying from the first client to the second client (or third, etc), but not the other way around. It also doesn't work when trying to copy / paste from other applications into the secondary RIFT clients (e.g. to/from Notepad). Note that the client that is launched first always seem to work fine but the subsequent clients never work properly. It's like the subsequent clients have their own local clipboard that no other software can access. It makes it impossible to copy in-game macros between clients.

I saw an old unresolved thread in the SWTOR forum about the same thing: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2134&p=12022&hilit=copy+paste

Does anyone else have this problem? Lax, any thoughts on this?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 am

Re: Copy / Paste doesn't work between clients

Thanks for the explanation, this could help me reproduce and fix the bug. Will check on it this week :)
<<

FrontLine242

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 am

Same behavior on my client
<<

Nibilus

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Lax,

There is another post like this on DB, also i had the same issue for a long time, but i currently corrected my situation by disable UAC on all 5 of my machines. Like smed said as well, when i run the client individually on each machine, even with UAC on, i can still cut and paste between clients.

..(have a 3rd party km software that lets me cut and paste between machines notepads)
<<

our2

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 am

Disabled UAC and still can't copy/paste to swtor windows. Did check repeater options but believe its disabled, least think it is. Sure wish could get this working would make my life easier.
<<

Nibilus

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:02 pm

our2 wrote:Disabled UAC and still can't copy/paste to swtor windows. Did check repeater options but believe its disabled, least think it is. Sure wish could get this working would make my life easier.

This fix may not address other games, im not sure how SWTOR enacts window permissions.
Last edited by Nibilus on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

our2

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:13 pm

Odd thing is worked initially on fresh install thought but old age may be affecting memory cells, but thanks for response eventually somebody will figure it out shall hope.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 am

Well, I can't reproduce the issue. Copy and Paste simply works, between all clients, no matter what I do. It even works with repeater on, to paste in all windows at the same time. I can do it from window 1 to window 2 and vice versa.

If UAC is at all related, then it sounds like people have some software installed that manages the clipboard, and that software is not running as Administrator. For example, this specific report from this very thread:
..(have a 3rd party km software that lets me cut and paste between machines notepads)

Well, that 3rd party kvm software has clipboard management built in, in order to copy and paste between your machines. If it's not running as Administrator, it is not going to operate correctly while you use a program that is -- such as Inner Space, ISBoxer, and the games they launch.

If you're having this issue, my current guess is other running software. You can grab ISBoxer's Diagnostics ("for game crashes"; even though it's not crashing it's the same information needed here) to help narrow it down.
<<

our2

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:58 am

Well that makes sense since believed worked initially, will try uninstalling software related to clipboard and make sure all is being run as admin and let you know if find the issue. If all else fails will try the diagnostics avenue and thanks for looking.

Oops just noticed this is the Rift thread and issue here is with Swtor. I made a diagnostic report on the 4 swtor processes, not sure if want it uploaded here or if should post on the correct thread, apologize.
<<

Smedbox

Post Wed May 01, 2013 4:47 am

The problem still occurs in Rift. Perhaps InputDirector is interfering even though it's been disabed....
Next

Return to RIFT