FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse cursor doesn't match in-game UI position

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 28, 2012 3:01 am

Re: Mouse cursor doesn't match in-game UI position

Smedbox wrote:I have one problem with Build 1620 though. I have Ctrl+Shift+B as a "Buff everyone" mapped key that I can spam repeatedly to buff everyone up, but it doesn't work anymore until I have toggled all keymaps off and on one time after starting up. Actually, none of the mapped keys in that keymap works - they're just ignored and my key presses are just passed on to the game. But if I hit Shift+Alt+M twice, everything starts working again...

This is most likely an issue with your ISBoxer configuration. It could be something else too, but we need to rule out your configuration first.
<<

Smedbox

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 am

Alge wrote:
Smedbox wrote:I have one problem with Build 1620 though. I have Ctrl+Shift+B as a "Buff everyone" mapped key that I can spam repeatedly to buff everyone up, but it doesn't work anymore until I have toggled all keymaps off and on one time after starting up. Actually, none of the mapped keys in that keymap works - they're just ignored and my key presses are just passed on to the game. But if I hit Shift+Alt+M twice, everything starts working again...

This is most likely an issue with your ISBoxer configuration. It could be something else too, but we need to rule out your configuration first.

Could be, but it is not a problem with older IS builds and I haven't changed anything. Lax has my config.

Another problem I found in build 1620-1624 is that if I alt-tab to desktop, then hit the windows key and select a Rift client it will bring that window up but won't give it input focus. In this state, there is no sound from the game (it thinks it's still in the background) and ignores any keyboard or mouse input (can't click on the window, can't mouse-look, etc). I've found that a way to fix it is to alt-tab to each Rift client - that will clear up the bad state and give each client full input focus again. It seems I can only get into the bad state the first time I alt-tab to desktop after launch. Subsequent times, after I've worked around it with alt-tab, it'll work fine.

("Alt-tabbing to desktop": holding Alt and hitting Tab several times past all my Rift clients until I reach the desktop then letting go of all keys.)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:41 am

I have Ctrl+Shift+B as a "Buff everyone" mapped key that I can spam repeatedly to buff everyone up, but it doesn't work anymore until I have toggled all keymaps off and on one time after starting up. Actually, none of the mapped keys in that keymap works - they're just ignored and my key presses are just passed on to the game. But if I hit Shift+Alt+M twice, everything starts working again...

This would tell me that your "Buff everyone" mapped key is in a Key Map that is not assigned to your Character Set, but is configured to toggle off and on in the Activate Maps toggle. Assign the Key Map to your Character Set and it will be enabled by default.

Another problem I found in build 1620-1624 is that if I alt-tab to desktop, then hit the windows key and select a Rift client it will bring that window up but won't give it input focus. In this state, there is no sound from the game (it thinks it's still in the background) and ignores any keyboard or mouse input (can't click on the window, can't mouse-look, etc). I've found that a way to fix it is to alt-tab to each Rift client - that will clear up the bad state and give each client full input focus again. It seems I can only get into the bad state the first time I alt-tab to desktop after launch. Subsequent times, after I've worked around it with alt-tab, it'll work fine.

("Alt-tabbing to desktop": holding Alt and hitting Tab several times past all my Rift clients until I reach the desktop then letting go of all keys.)

I'll see if I can reproduce this, thanks for the info
<<

Smedbox

Post Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 am

lax wrote:
I have Ctrl+Shift+B as a "Buff everyone" mapped key that I can spam repeatedly to buff everyone up, but it doesn't work anymore until I have toggled all keymaps off and on one time after starting up. Actually, none of the mapped keys in that keymap works - they're just ignored and my key presses are just passed on to the game. But if I hit Shift+Alt+M twice, everything starts working again...

This would tell me that your "Buff everyone" mapped key is in a Key Map that is not assigned to your Character Set, but is configured to toggle off and on in the Activate Maps toggle. Assign the Key Map to your Character Set and it will be enabled by default.

This was indeed the problem with my Ctrl+Shift+B mapped key! I must have accidentally deleted that keymap from that character set somehow. Thanks Lax! :)
<<

mickthathick

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi, I am just started having this exact same problem with 4 boxing in WoW about a week or 2 ago. I play with dual monitors.

Changing the screen mode between Windowed and Windowed (Fullscreen) fixes the issue. Unfortunately I have to do this with every new session and for every window.

http://www.privatepaste.com/b2662ba77e

Is there any way I can fix this?
Previous

Return to RIFT