FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift Addons

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ohioguy93

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Rift Addons

Now that Rift allows addons will ISBoxer be updated to automate the basic commands like in WOW.

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: Rift Addons

I'll have to look into it again but I don't think that the RIFT Addon API allows you to configure key bindings and macros like the WoW Addon API does. That's about all the ISBoxer Addon does, is let ISBoxer set up macros using the in-game macro system and assign it to a hotkey... :)
<<

ohioguy93

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:46 pm

I appreciate the prompt reply and have started playing around and configuring the commands manually thanks to your guide and Alge's link. Still having a little trouble with the macro set up based on Alge's link. Having trouble with the follow macro's he listed below: When I click the the keys assigned I target myself for follow instead of the other character being selected to follow me. I am only using 2 characters. I was able to get the autoassist and broadcast dps keys to work fine. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Alternative macros (simplified)
Alge has shared with us an alternative way of setting up the in-game macros[1], to only require one Assist macro and one Follow macro in each window, instead of several macros in each.
Follow Macro (just one!) configured to F11
targetexact [shift] character1
targetexact [alt] character2
targetexact [ctrl] character3
targetexact [shift] [alt] character4
targetexact [shift] [ctrl] character5
follow
targetlasttarget
Assist Macro (just one!) configured to F12
assist [shift] character1
assist [alt] character2
assist [ctrl] character3
assist [shift] [alt] character4
assist [shift] [ctrl] character5
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm not currently playing RIFT so can't confirm for you that these macros still work. Maybe someone who is still playing can do that.

However, the behaviour you describe (When I click the the keys assigned I target myself for follow instead of the other character being selected to follow me.) is not unexpected. You would need to Shift+Click to follow character1 and Alt+Click to follow character2 (again my best guess from memory - I have no way currently of confirming this works). I'm not exactly sure what the expected behaviour of the key alone is but I suspect it may default to follow on self (as a default target). If you are hung up on that behaviour and haven't done everything else I'd encourage you to do so.

If the problem persists, I would need you to copy here/type here the two macros you are using (the actual macros, not my version) and also see your ISBoxer configuration (instructions). Meanwhile, you could double-check the macros for typos and that all the in-game keybinds you expect to be set are still set correctly.
<<

ohioguy93

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 am

I appreciate the prompt feedback and will play around with it, thanks again for the great support!

Return to RIFT