FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ingame ctrl+alt+shift+g menu bugged

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ultiman666

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:12 pm

ingame ctrl+alt+shift+g menu bugged

have a quick question. when i open my control panel in game with ctrl+alt+shift+g i cant move the menu around or interact with it unless i hold the alt key while trying? not sure how i found holding the alt key helps but.

not sure at what point this started to happen but its becoming a pain as my video feeds are acting strange because of it
<<

ultiman666

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: ingame ctrl+alt+shift+g menu bugged

ok i re installed innerspace and isboxer run a test profile and loaded it no problems i could move the controll panle. i loaded up my other profile and it stoped again so its in the profile at least i know that.
any ideas whare to look ill upload the profile
Attachments
isboxer profile2.xml
(73.45 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
<<

ultiman666

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 pm

i have isolated the iusse but dont know how to stop it or fix it

ill explain first what im trying to achive

i call this my aoe start event
when i press 6 im casting a droppable aoe on my slave and key 6 is broadcast to all windows
with the same press im activating the mouse repeater
also with the press of 6 i have a new video fx action that has show selected and the name of the viewer i want shown aoelife (gives me a window on my current screen to help me aim the aoe)

this is the aoe end event

when i use mouse 1 broadcasts mouse 1 to all windows
turns off mouse repeater
and a video fx action that hides the viewer aoelife

and in doing this it bugs and i can longer move my in game isboxer menu plus dose not work as intended
weird thing is i had this working for about an hour before it bugged out not sure why
<<

ultiman666

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 am

ok further looking into it appears having the video fx hot key mouse button 1 to hide a viewer is the cause posibly due to the fact u have to use the mouse 1 to move the menu around

but this completely destroys what im trying to do. having to use a different key to drop the aoe and close the viewer defeats the simplicity of what im going for.

would it be possible to have the hot key disabled while the menu is up and have some extra support for using the mouse 1 button to hide a or multiple viewers?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:52 am

What you're doing with turning on a video FX and mouse repeat for an AOE is designed to be done with a Send Next Click Action instead of having to set up a Mapped Key to end it. The only difference is that with this type of Action it would use a cursor-based VFX rather than letting you use a predefined one.

But to answer the question as to why it is "bugged", you have a permanently enabled Mapped Key configured on Mouse1. This will disable and/or interfere with the normal behavior of Mouse1 as it relates to Inner Space and any of its GUI, like the ISBoxer Control Panel you're trying to interact with. Holding "Alt" (or another modifier) will prevent the Hotkeyed behavior, because Inner Space does not perform its Mouse1 hotkey when you press Alt+Mouse1. (That's why you can move it when you are holding Alt)

If you want it to be done the way you have it, do the following:
1. For the "end mouse repeater with left click" mapped key, go into Advanced and check "Do not load this Mapped Key when the Key Map is loaded". This will make it so the Mouse1 hotkey is NOT enabled by default
2. In Step 1 of "end mouse repeater with left click", add a Mapped Key State Action to turn OFF the "end mouse repeater with left click" Mapped Key.
3. Go into "Pass 6", and in Step 1, add a Mapped Key State Action to turn ON the "end mouse repeater with left click" Mapped Key.

This should give you the behavior you're intending. The hotkey will be disabled until needed (when you press 6) and then will disable itself again after you click.
<<

ultiman666

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:17 pm

thanks lax your always a big help :P so what your saying is im trying to reinvent the wheel while u already have a better method implemented /facepalm sorry lol

Return to RIFT