FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with rift.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Help with rift.

I just tried to box Rift without ISBoxer (not at all easy).
I only 3 clients going (was too lazy to start all 5).

I ran around killing things for over an hour and a half with no crash.
I now ISBoxer didn't change, but there must be something that ISBoxer is doing/setting that Rift is not liking.

I tried playing around with a bunch of stuff while playing too. Minimizing/Maximizing, hiding, resizing clients.

Anyway I guess I will stick with single for now.
<<

dazed111

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:24 am

Hmm intresting thats some usefull info8
<<

molecake

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:35 am

i'm currently 5 boxing with 2 subscribed accounts and 3 trial accounts.

The subscribed accounts keep crashing since yesterday, but the trial accounts haven't crashed at all yet, which is very strange :(
<<

molecake

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:40 am

My trial accounts have expired today so I have upgraded them to subscribed accounts.

Now all 5 accounts crash :(

I can play rift fine with 1 account not going through ISBoxer, but when I run it through ISBoxer the programs crash after about 15 minutes one after the other.

Rift must have put something out in the latest hotfix that has upset the compatability between Rift and ISBoxer.
<<

Norrin

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:56 am

One other thing that might help Lax or anyone else trouble shooting; I have an ATI video card.
On the Rift forums people were saying they were seeing more crashes with ATI cards than with Nvidia.

On another note, I always knew how awesome and helpful ISBoxer was, but forgot just how awesome it is until last night when I tried to box without it.
<<

molecake

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 am

I have an ATI Radeon 5850.

I have resorted to logging out my toons after about 13 mins, then logging back in again, rinse and repeat, and so far I haven't had any crashes.

it's a pain, but not as bad as having all of the clients crash and having to load it all up again.
<<

Norrin

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 am

molecake wrote:I have an ATI Radeon 5850.

I have resorted to logging out my toons after about 13 mins, then logging back in again, rinse and repeat, and so far I haven't had any crashes.

it's a pain, but not as bad as having all of the clients crash and having to load it all up again.

So 13 minutes is the magic number you? That's such a pain. I think I would rather just play solo until its resolved. However trying to track down whats causing it has been sort of fun as well.
<<

Norrin

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:31 am

Looking into the Event Log and the actual event dump, it appears that the exception code is for a general access violation error.
I noticed that my clients (as well as ISBoxer) are not running as Admin. I am going to set them as Admin and try again.

It is odd that the crash happens at 14/15 minutes exactly every time. That makes me think that there is a timeout thing happening somewhere that Rift is not handling very gracefully. Maybe an inactivity timer or something. Though there is no inactivity so not sure.

Anyway I am going to try it as Admin and see if that changes anything.

Update: I ran my clients as Admin as well as ISBoxer. Crashed on schedule at 14 minutes.
<<

crowdx

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I have both nVidia and ATI cards and both setups are crashing. Even if I have just a single toon logged into Rift with the ISBoxer client it still crashes.
Evereything works fine without ISBoxer. Another point is that the exact same setup worked fine on Friday night and this just started on Saturday Morning. So did ISBoxer push an update Friday night/Saturday morning?
HELP!!!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 pm

No, ISBoxer has not changed recently. The crashes are related to the recent Rift patch.

I'm working on tracking down the issue, thanks guys
PreviousNext

Return to RIFT