FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Rift] NPC Quest Multi Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FrontLine242

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:07 pm

[Rift] NPC Quest Multi Issue

The Problem 2 Parts: Part 1: Unable to interact with NPCs without using skill mouse clicks to accept quest. I feel if there was a way to simply just have the NPC window open up. That would be good enough for me. Cause broadcasting mouse-clicks seems to handle the rest ok; unless I'm running more than 1 box. On wow this was carried out by the /talk when I ran 5 there but I haven't found a similar macro in Rift..

Part2: After the NPC interaction window is on I am able to interact and complete all the fields at once by broadcasting mouse clicks. But how about when I launch all 5 on 2 boxs. All my key clicks broadcast fine between both boxes but mouse clicks do not. So I still have to use a separate mouse and keyboard. Do I have to buy a special keyboard or is there some config setting I' just not getting right. I've read around this forum and others and have seen other with the same problem but no answer.

This is really starting to hurt my neck; someone please help.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: [Rift] NPC Quest Multi Issue

I'm not sure about interaction with NPCs in RIFT, but in regards to your mouse broadcasting issue, I would check and see if the game resolution is the same on both PCs.
<<

FrontLine242

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:52 pm

My resolutions are different. One is 1600x1080 the other 1024x800. I plan to use all the same monitors in the future. Problem 1 though is still the big problem.

Maybe getting them to open up the NPC window by key click is not possible with Rift at this time then? I just looked through 4 different Rift macro listings again and nothing to interact with a NPC.
<<

Smedbox

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Rift has no key to interact with NPCs. You have to broadcast mouse clicks. You can have a Trigger-On-Both-Press-And-Release mapped key that syncs the mouse on Press and sends a mouse click on Release. You could have Alt-LMB has hotkey for this, so that you can Alt-click an NPC and it opens up the quest window on all characters, and you can Alt-click to click on any button for all characters at the same time.

It's crucial that you use the same resolution on all characters or the UI will never match up perfectly.

It's also crucial that you use /exportui <filename> on your main and /importui <filename> on all your clients so that all UI elements match perfectly on all your characters.
<<

FrontLine242

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Thank you; sounds like that will work. I will try this out tonight. I got all the same resolution now but sounds like they will still have to all have mirrored UIs with smart camera for this to work.
<<

FrontLine242

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:27 am

Update on this. the /updateui command is nice to line up all the menues. I created a macro on each client so they can all sync at once by command now. However Rift doesn't sync the view point settings so one may be zoomed way out or the other in fps view etc. I know in wow they had a setting that would sync them all exactly; but maybe we still have to wait for Rift or put in a request for that.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:44 pm

FrontLine242 wrote:Update on this. the /updateui command is nice to line up all the menues. I created a macro on each client so they can all sync at once by command now. However Rift doesn't sync the view point settings so one may be zoomed way out or the other in fps view etc. I know in wow they had a setting that would sync them all exactly; but maybe we still have to wait for Rift or put in a request for that.

You can zoom everyone all the way in or all the way out and then adjust everyone accordingly. I don't know if RIFT automatically
repositions your camera zoom/angle by itself at random times, though.

Return to RIFT