FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[RIFT] auto-follow and assist issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wartooth

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 pm

[RIFT] auto-follow and assist issues

http://www.privatepaste.com/5bac83a829

Hi all, I am having some issues with the RIFT follow and assist key maps. I followed the guide. My setup is for my warrior to be leading and everyone else follows. He is screen 1. With screen 1 active I click Shift-F11 and the warrior reports he is following himself but the others do not. Same with assist set to F12 and also an issue with the DPS spam keys. I have them set to use the FTL assist me non combat key map but none of the melee characters to anything while the casters do engage. Does assist in Rift not have the characters move into range if they are melee? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:01 am

Re: [RIFT] auto-follow and assist issues

From your config, Assist itself appears to be configured correctly as far as the in-ISBoxer portion. I'm not aware of a reason your guys wouldn't assist unless they're not grouped or the macros aren't made (correctly).

As far as follow, sure if you hit Shift+F11 in some window, it's just going to execute the macro you made and set up on Shift+F11 in that window. Which is probably for that window to follow someone. However, your hotkey for your ISBoxer follow mapped key is F11. If you hit F11, everyone should follow the current window.

Finally, I would probably un-check the "Right" modifiers per Slot in your Character Set. Only use the left OR right of any given modifier (for Rift just use left)

Does assist in Rift not have the characters move into range if they are melee?

No, no game does. World of Warcraft has what I assume you're thinking of, but it's a special key binding to interact as if you right clicked on an NPC -- called Interact with Target. When combined with Click to Move, pressing Interact with Target moves your character in the direction of the mob until it successfully interacts (or keeps going in a straight line the mob moved!)
<<

wartooth

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:06 am

ok thanks for the clarification. I think I see what you mean now. For assist specifically, if I want the group to assist someone other than the active screen, without changing screens, this setup should do that?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 am

Yes, you can do that. Your combat buttons do an assist based on the current window, with a Do Mapped Key Action that has the Target set to "Window:Current" (self). If you want your guys to assist someone else, set the Target to that character, e.g. Slot 1 or Slot 2.

Return to RIFT