FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Q] Full-Screen, Full-Screen Windowed, or Windowed?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mtp1032

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:07 pm

[Q] Full-Screen, Full-Screen Windowed, or Windowed?

I'm dual-boxing two characters and will be running them on a single Hi-Res monitor/display. For performance (i.e., response time) what is the recommendation for configuring the game windows -- Full Screen, Full-Screen Windowed, or Windowed.

I'm presently running full-screen and not experiencing any problems. But, is this the optimum.

Cheers,

P.S. I'll never be running more than two characters.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:54 am

Re: [Q] Full-Screen, Full-Screen Windowed, or Windowed?

Performance-wise they should all be pretty much the same. Full-screen windowed should be identical to Windowed as far as performance goes. The only difference with Full Screen is that the game will think it's full screen instead of in a window (ISBoxer is forcing it into a window anyway), so it will try to do fewer window-related things. So if one is going to be more responsive somehow, it'd probably be full screen mode. However, the best setting to use is extremely dependent on which game you are playing and there may be bugs with some modes that aren't in others.

It probably doesn't matter what mode you have it in as long as all of the windows are set the same.

Return to RIFT