FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RIFT UI Flashing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tstephens31

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:54 am

RIFT UI Flashing

I have been multiboxing rift for quite some time now and have levelled 1 team to 50 and am working on my second team.
I recently started having issues with 1-3 of the slave window's UI flashing on and off (all in game ui elements ie: character/party unit frames, action bars, etc).
Sometimes it will eventually go away, but normally when switching to the affected windows only makes it worse. I start seeing massive polygon shapes in the environment depending on the angle of the camera.
The only way to fix it is to exit and restart that client.
This only happens when I am running more than 3 clients at once.
I am assuming it has to do with the limitations of my video card, but am only experiencing it in certain windows - IS4-IS5, the other clients have done it, but extremely rare.
I have the main set at low graphics setting in game and the other 4 clients set using the low-quality renderer.

System specs : Corei7 920 2.67
12gb ram
Nvidia GTX460/1gb
800w ps

One other thought I had was that my main monitor is 27" @ 1920, 1200 and my secondary monitor (slaves) is 22" @ 1680,1050.
Could the resolution differences be causing the problem?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:58 am

Re: RIFT UI Flashing

Have you checked for a video driver update recently?
<<

tstephens31

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: RIFT UI Flashing

Yes, I have 275.33 installed, which is the current driver on the Nvidia site.
The Nvidia updater says there is a beta 275.50, but after reading the release notes, there are only fixes for Multi-GPU issues and other additions that don't appear to relate to this type of problem.
This is my 3rd GTX460 and I have had similar issues with screen blacking out and what not, but those issues persisted no matter what application I was using and made the PC unusable until card was replaced.
This issue only happens in Rift.
Although I have been playing Rift more frequently, I have not had this issue in Wow or EQ2.
I think it may be time to upgrade or switch to a Radeon card. :?

Return to RIFT