FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Channel spells etc

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ff615

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:14 am

Channel spells etc

Ok right now only running 3 man group. Warrior (tank) Cleric (sent/pur) and Mage (necro/lock). Ive made a Heal bar (click bar) that used the Marks to heal person in the group. Ive also made a AGT for my mage and healer for DPS. So when I spam the 1 button with my warrior, my mage and Cleric spam other keys to do a DPS rotation. So what i like to do next make button that uses my mages channel spells and spell to regan mana. As she sometime run out man in long fights (mostly rifts). How do I go about making where she uses channel spell but doesnt get screw over when my warrior spam 1 and the AGT wants to use the DPS rotation.

I kind know something butt Ive only been doing this for 3 days now. So dont know ton of things.

Also one day I like to learn how use the video FX to show each person Heal/man/what ever last bar is, on my wwarriors screen.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Channel spells etc

Here's what I do for Cadence (2 second channel) on my bard.

I make a mapped key (called Cadence), which has two steps:

Step 1 uses a Keystroke Action to send the appropriate key to my bard.
Step 2 has no action, but has Do Not Advance to the next step... for at least 2.1 seconds.

Here's what happens:
1) First key press, cadence is cast and the mapped key advances to step 2.
2) Any key presses within the next 2.1 seconds, the mapped key does step 2 (nothing) and stays on step 2.
3) First key press after 2.1 seconds, the mapped key does step 2 (nothing) and now advances to step 1 again.
The next press we are now back to step 1 again.

The specifics of how you set this up will vary. On my bards I made another mapped key that would toggle between using cadence and doing normal non-channeled attacks, turning one mapped key on and another off with a Mapped Key State Actions.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Channel spells etc

so if i use a click bar to run a channell spell on my mage but i want everyone else to keep dpsing. i have a mapped key called mage dps if i make a new mapped key called Mana i could have on the click bar that it first turns off Mage dps turns on Mana then presses the hotkey for how ever long i want it to channel then turn mana off and mage dps back on. this way i could go back to pressing 1111111 while the mage has mana turned on and channeling. once i am done channeling hit the click bar again to go back to mage dps and 111111 will now spam his rotation
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.

Return to RIFT