FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouselook doesn't work, related to a checkbox option

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Smedbox

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Mouselook doesn't work, related to a checkbox option

For some of my window layouts, mouselook doesn't work in all directions. Down, left and right works fine but I can't hold RMB and move the mouse up - it seems the position is clamped in that direction. When not holding RMB, the mouse cursor moves fine in all directions.

It seems related to the checkbox "Use instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)". Mouselook works fine when the checkbox is checked but doesn't work when it's unchecked.

My layout has region 1 on the upper portion of the screen and regions 2-4 below it. I have three characters and they have region 2-4 as home regions. I'm on 38.4.603.1.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: Mouselook doesn't work, related to a checkbox option

I don't have fix for you, just a question... Are you using any other software that also interfaces with the mouse? Synergy? Input Director? anything else? If so, does the behaviour happen with and without that enabled?
<<

Smedbox

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:14 pm

This is with three accounts running only on my main PC, and no accounts running on other machines (though they experience the same issue when they do). I have Input Director and Katmouse installed but I see no difference with ID turned on or off. I haven't tried with Katmouse disabled yet.

EDIT: Oh, and I should mention that this is in Rift and it only happens if I use a side-by-side window layout. It does not occur if I run one account fullscreen on one machine and one account fullscreen on another machine.
<<

Smedbox

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Disabling Katmouse didn't make any difference either. It's enough to log just the first character in on that single computer. It'll happen right away (and for all other characters that are subsequently logged in).
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:36 am

Thanks, that additional info may help Lax work out what is going on.
<<

Smedbox

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:10 am

I think it also may have to do with whether Rift is set to Fullscreen (not working) or Windowed (working), in conjunction with this checkbox.
<<

kjempff

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:35 am

Just adding: Mouselook is also messed up in everquest. It is like it resets once inawhile, so autorunning with mouselook is not a good idea. The reset looks to be leaving you looking straight up (also happens when logging in chars sometimes). It does not happen in normal eq window not using isboxer (as tested). Maybe you can use this info for something.

Return to RIFT