In comeing addons for rift

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ultiman666

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 pm

In comeing addons for rift

Addons API has recently been released on the Public Test Shard

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.p ... ost2543883

letting ppl know it will be here for 1.3 by the sounds good stuff :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Incoming addons for rift

Great news indeed! :)

Hopefully the Addons API includes functions to set up hotkeys. LOTRO has an Addon API for example, but it is mostly useless to ISBoxer because it doesn't support configuring hotkeys :(
<<

ultiman666

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: In comeing addons for rift

from every thing i have read about the addons and api, Trion are trying to make SURE the api can not be helpful for automation so it will be some what limited im sure. as far as i can tell that has been the main focus as far as limitations has gone we will see i guess
Im hoping we can have some sort of macro management as the current allowed slots is not friendly at all.
<<

hephaestus

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm

All I have to say is hallelujah, hopefully it won't be some useless skin modifier like other MMOs and will have some macro implementation. As has been mentioned, the current number of macros and macro management system is pretty ridiculous in terms of options and allowable number of macros....
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I have the PTS client installed, so will be all over this once it is available. Currently there is an addon button on the character select screen but little else. Typing /script in-game gives a LUA error, so we know that LUA will the scripting language. We also know the addon structure is likely to be similar to WoW's. Further details are expected this week.

Return to RIFT