FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DPS Macro Effeciency

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Virge

Post Sat May 14, 2011 7:02 pm

DPS Macro Effeciency

For a box crew consisting of both warriors and rogues, how are people currently handling combo and attack point optimization?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Re: DPS Macro Effeciency

On my warrior + 4 rogues I find that the time it takes to build up 5 combo points and the time it takes to get 3 attack power are close. So, I decided to use a single button to do finishers on both. I use a click bar and some mapped key virtualisation so that I can change which finishers I am using at any given time, either individually or as a group. I have some presets for DPS, healing, AE, etc. I use video feeds of my rogues' targets so I can also monitor how many combo points they have and judge the best time to hit my finisher key.

It may be possible to build a rotation using a multiple step mapped key and some do not advance timing but I found that sometimes I wanted to hold off on a finisher (particular a bard heal finisher) until it was needed.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Mon May 30, 2011 12:58 am

I use ATGs i set an ATG for each Calling and each role. so i have a Bard ATG a Ranger ATG, Mage dps ATG, Chloro ATG, Archon ATG, Heals ATG. I have Mappedkeys that are part of a click bar to switch characters from one ATG to another. Then i have Mappedkeys for each ATG to do their optimised rotation. So as i Spam 11111111 on my warrior its sending 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 5 1 2 3 6 with the right amount of pauses inbetween to my Ranger ATG. my ranger pulls about 900 dps single target with this rotation.

here you can see all my ATG mappedkeys which each have several steps and also my switch To specific ATGS

each switch ATG is asigned to a click bar to switch characters to diffrent ATGS.

Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

jca

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Here's what I do on my 3-rogue setup. I use a Naga Razor which helps with this method tremendously.

So I have two action groups.

Normal Rogues - initially contains all my rogues
Combo-building Rogues - initially empty

When I hit my finisher hotkey, everyone in 'Normal Rogues' gets the finisher key. Everyone in 'Combo-building Rogues' gets their standard spam key. So by default, everyone gets finishers when I hit that key.

Here's where the mouse keys come in.

If I press the '1' button, slot 2 and 3 get moved into 'Combo-Building Rogues'. Thus, only slot 1 gets the finisher key, while the other two get their spam keys. When I release the button, everyone goes back into 'Normal Rogues'.

Same things with button '2', '3' and slot 2, slot 3 respectively. This lets me isolate a single toon to get finishers.

For my '4' button, slot 1 gets moved into 'Combo-building Rogues' while the others remain in 'Normal Rogues'. Thus, everyone except slot 1 gets the finisher key, while slot 1 still gets their spam key. '5', '6' work the same way for slots 2, 3.

When things go right, everyone is always at the same number of combo points, so I don't use these modifiers. But when someone misses, or gets into a fight late, etc, this lets me control exactly who's spending combo points.

Return to RIFT