FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to handle healing in partys ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

borntobox

Post Sat May 14, 2011 10:05 am

How to handle healing in partys ?

My basic question is not very basic at all becuase as hard as it is to IWT in this game i was trying to firgue out how in the world would i handle healing while on my tank see now..i run a dual box class makeup are a warrior tank & cleric healer yeah i run around with my main the tank im pretty sure thats the right thing to do. What im trying to firgue out is how can i possibly heal a party efficiently and effectively without having difficulties for the fact that there are no addons to help you & the macro system needs work.

If anyone cloud help me out on this topic because i sure would like to get 100% or atleast 90% out of my healer thanks guys later.
<<

borntobox

Post Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 am

Re: How to handle healing in partys ?

Okay further into my investigation i now have an understanding of mouse-over healing macros which would be good with isboxer's repeater regions what i would simply due is set my tank's party's frame in the same postion as my healer's party frame so the layout must match my tank. im just not sure my healer's party's names will match my tank's party names as in class order etc.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 14, 2011 11:39 pm

If you could guarantee you would always have the raid frames available then this method would work: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=33614
<<

Amrathe

Post Tue May 17, 2011 11:36 am

I heal parties by making a macro for each party member using the Mark Target function (this is for my cleric trio and warrior/mage/cleric trio).

example

#show Healing Invocation
cast @mark 1 Healing Invocation

I make a macro like that for @mark 1 through @mark 5 and put each macro on my healer hotbar. I use a custom click bar in ISBOXER that has 6 boxes and assign the function on those boxes to the macros I just made (plus one for group heals). Then I mark each person in the party with a number (1-3 are always my box trio).

Recently I had the click bar call a do mapped key action that includes my melee spam for my tank while calling the heal mapped keys for my healers. That way I can spam heals by clicking the click bar and not stop my melee attacks.
<<

borntobox

Post Wed May 18, 2011 12:26 am

Amrathe wrote:I heal parties by making a macro for each party member using the Mark Target function (this is for my cleric trio and warrior/mage/cleric trio).

example

#show Healing Invocation
cast @mark 1 Healing Invocation

I make a macro like that for @mark 1 through @mark 5 and put each macro on my healer hotbar. I use a custom click bar in ISBOXER that has 6 boxes and assign the function on those boxes to the macros I just made (plus one for group heals). Then I mark each person in the party with a number (1-3 are always my box trio).

Recently I had the click bar call a do mapped key action that includes my melee spam for my tank while calling the heal mapped keys for my healers. That way I can spam heals by clicking the click bar and not stop my melee attacks.

I like how you use the @mark system to actually heal its very good idea keeping things simple now & about clickbars i understand so little of this clickbar system is this like reaptor regions? im sure a couple of friends of mine on the forums would love to see a video tutorial on this if you cloud make that possible for us on the forums great idea btw. :idea: :D
<<

Amrathe

Post Wed May 18, 2011 12:21 pm

I've attached a screenshot of my layout (as of 25 levels ago). This is for my Justicar + Cabalist/Sent x2 team.

The boxes marked 1-5 are for healing targets marked 1-5. The Black Heart is the box for group heals. The final un-numbered hand is for those oh-shit moments and is preset to spam heals + damage reduction abilities on Amrathe (targeted by name). Hitting any of them sends the appropriate heal to the healers + my melee spam macro to the justicar (so I can keep beating on things while being healed).

The 2nd clickbar (next to the healing bar) is used to build my lurking decays while executing my melee spam macro on my justicar. There are also buttons for Obliterate (left click for one cabalist, right click for the other). The "Chain" button casts my instant ranged nukes across all 3 characters (for pulling and/or getting rift credit).

The final clear clickbar is a click bar that sits over top the rift ability bar. I put my mounts/pets/buffs across all characters in that section so I can easily apply buffs/mount as needed.

As I leveled up, I made the 2nd bar 2x5 (10 total click boxes) so I could add things like cleanse, snares, knockbacks, purge, etc. Their functionality are almost all the same in regards to how they interact. Left click casts it on Alyssia, right click for Lomion (and always a consistent spam of melee from Amrathe).

All my setups use the same type of layout to make it easier to manage when playing other teams (I have a team of 2 chloros, War/Cleric/Mage, 3 Clerics, and 3 Bards).
Attachments
layout.jpg
layout.jpg (901.6 KiB) Viewed 11676 times

Return to RIFT