FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Inner Space fails to load game multiple times

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Larke

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:19 am

Inner Space fails to load game multiple times

I don't know why, but I have to reload Inner Space and then re-attempt to load the default Rift profile many, MANY times before it will happen. I'd like to know why? I have to use ctrl alt del to close the riftpatcher.exe and often Inner Space as well. Restart, rinse, repeat... on and on and on hoping it will load eventually.

It's really frustrating. Is this common? Or something you can help me fix. I've got a few more days left of trial. If this can't be resolved, then I don't see why I should pay for something that only works "eventually".

Edit: the only way I can get 2 instances of Rift to load is to load the default Rift profile and then my character set.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:04 am

Re: Inner Space fails to load game multiple times

Hello, sorry to hear about your trouble and I am glad you explained it better in this post than you did to me in email a few minutes ago.

It doesn't sound like you're having issues with the web site, or the license server -- which are both running fine.

Rather, it sounds like there is an issue with the software on your PC. If you were having license server issues you wouldn't have to kill processes with task manager, you would get a message indicating that it couldn't connect or failed to access your account, etc. Normally the first thing anyone does when having trouble with the license server is tell me what message they are getting, or the error number, and ask how to fix the error number.

Edit: the only way I can get 2 instances of Rift to load is to load the default Rift profile and then my character set.

This is particularly telling that this is probably not related to the license server.

Open the main Inner Space console to see what ISBoxer says it is doing when you launch your Character Set. Instructions here: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Console. If you don't understand it or it doesn't help, paste me the last 5-10 lines or so from the console when you launch it, and try to explain in detail what you do and what happens, when you try to launch your team.
<<

Larke

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 am

When I emailed you, I could not connect to Inner Space nor your website. So someone was having connectivity issues, or perhaps some router issues along the way.

I personally suspect that it has to do with the patcher. Rift's or something initiated by IS. I can connect to Rift without going through IS.

Here's the copy from the Console, perhaps it will help

/====================================================
|
| 08:38:59 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToo
| 08:38:59 ISBoxer: Adding ISBoxer Character Sets men
| 08:38:59 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set 'Heal/Tank'
| 08:38:59 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set 'H/T'
| 08:38:59 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================
There are 0 Inner Space files available for patching.
EndScript 'isboxer' failed

|
| 08:39:54 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'H/T'
| 08:39:54 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSe
| 08:39:54 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'H/T' a
| 08:39:54 ISBoxer: Good!
| 08:39:54 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'H/T' ...
| 08:39:54 ISBoxer: Slot 1 already launched. Updating it to charact
Character Set 'H/T'
| 08:39:54 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 2 Character 'Char 2'
|
EndScript 'isboxer' failed

then success

|
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerTool
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Characte
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Good!
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'H/T' ...
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Slot 1 already launched. Updating
Character Set 'H/T'
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 2 Character 'Char 2
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game\riftpatchlive.exe"'.
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Character Set 'H/T' launched
| 08:40:30 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
<<

Larke

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 am

2nd char timed out, still trying to reload it. When the 2nd Rift window does open, and I log in, I get a black screen. It never loads, hang and hangs. ctrl alt del, rinse, repeat.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm

When it goes from the patcher to an instance of the game, the console should output the following line:
Code:
Session launched (is1): "C:/Program Files (x86)/RIFT Game/rift.exe"

It sounds like software on your PC is interfering with Inner Space's interaction with the game. See the instructions I gave this guy for getting me a special diagnostic log: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4784
<<

Larke

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 pm

I did get that line. But for the life of me I couldn't copy and paste it because it was at the very bottom of the page. Couldn't scroll down any further to grab it.

Cnet download for Hijack This! (which I am familiar with but never put it on this pc I got last January) will NOT happen either. It just hangs and hangs. Will try again later maybe.

I have a Radeon vid card too. Not Nvidia.
<<

Larke

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:43 pm

I hope this Hijack This! info helps. I'm still having the same issues and find it VERY frustrating how many attempts it takes to get 2 accounts opened to play at the same time on one pc with one monitor and one game install.

http://privatepaste.com/053b9a2417
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Have you tried disabling Zone Alarm? It has been known to cause issues with Inner Space in the past. You may need to actually uninstall it for it to completely shut down, but you can try just killing the services and the application.
<<

Larke

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:38 pm

I tried disabling it. I will *not* uninstall it just to use your program.

I can get the first instance of the game to load most of the time. It's the 2nd one that won't work. It will load, eventually. I log in and never get to the character selection screen. It hangs. Rinse, repeat. And I'm still trying.

I believe it is the rift patcher that is somehow causing an issue. Either it's not connecting, or being dropped during the process while loading the game through IS. It loads riftpatchlive.exe but nothing ever happens. The game will *sometimes* load. More often nothing happens at all.

I think I'm done here. I will either move on to another program if one exists. Or give up on 2 boxing.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:52 pm

You could at least rule it out as contributing to a problem. If you don't want to do that, then you're right, we're done here.
Next

Return to RIFT