FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Prob with FPS limiter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pox67

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Prob with FPS limiter

I also have the main window on one screen and 2 smaller windows on the secondary screen.
I don't see the cursor in secondary screens in LOTRO or Rift. Details as below.

1. The game you are playing = Rift or LOTRO
2. The version of Windows you are on = Win 7 64bit
3. Whether Aero is enabled in Windows if it's Vista or later = Aero on
4. Video card drivers (and possibly ATI/AMD vs NVIDIA. I have yet to see it "not work" with ATI, but have seen this with NVIDIA) = Nvidia

This doesn't worry me too much as I normally only use Mouse Repeater to click through quest boxes on all chars at once.

Something I did find that helps is having the secondary character windows expand when in focus. Mine expand 200% to fill the secondary screen so I can see what I am doing. I stumbled across this a while back and it ROCKS :)
This is under Windows Layouts --> "your layout" --> Rollover tab
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

Slimez

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Yea, it is a workaround though but I do see the advantage of it. I am glad to see you are having that issue as well (well, sorta glad :P). If you figure out the fix please let me know.
<<

pox67

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:31 pm

You probably already know this but keeping the same UI layout for each screen really helped as well. That way quest/Rift windows are always in the same place for mouse repeater and you don't need to see the mouse on other screens as much.

I made macros for each character so it is a simple process when I change a window on the main screen.
Main character macro:
exportui myui
exportkeybindings

Second character Macro:
wait 2
importui myui
importkeybindings

Third character Macro:
wait 3
importui myui
importkeybindings

The waits are so that the system has time to write the files and then so that the file doesn't get accessed at the same time (I had an issue with the secondary windows having the same wait times).
It also exports/imports keybindings so they stay the same across all characters.
I then put the macros on a repeated in game click bar so it is a one click process.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

Slimez

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Yea, all 5 instances have the exact same layout.
<<

Slimez

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 am

Just FYI. I disconnected the 2nd monitor and re-did the RIFT Wizard in ISBoxer for 5 instances on one screen and the broadcast mouse worked just fine. Saw it the whole time.

So clearly, and I have no idea why, the second monitor mucks it up.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:00 am

Just FYI. I disconnected the 2nd monitor and re-did the RIFT Wizard in ISBoxer for 5 instances on one screen and the broadcast mouse worked just fine. Saw it the whole time.

I can confirm this behaviour on an ATI Radeon HD 5800. I use a stacked window layout (5 slots) at 1920x1200. With my desktop confined to my main monitor I can see the mouse cursor on slaves (via video feeds) with mouse repeater on. If I extend my desktop across both monitors (secondary is at 1280x1024) then I lose the cursors on slaves. This is for RIFT.

Alge
<<

Slimez

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:55 am

and I have a ATI Radeon 5700
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:16 am

Slimez wrote:Just FYI. I disconnected the 2nd monitor and re-did the RIFT Wizard in ISBoxer for 5 instances on one screen and the broadcast mouse worked just fine. Saw it the whole time.

Nice, that should help me reproduce the problem. Thank you for this info, I'll see what I can do
Previous

Return to RIFT