FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Prob with FPS limiter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Slimez

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Prob with FPS limiter

I am running 4 instances on my computer. I am using 2 screens (Main toon on screen 1 and the three other on screen 2).

I have all graphic settings down as far as possible and my main is getting around 22FPS.

The thing is, I have FPS limiter enabled on Innerspace for foreground and background. Foreground "calculate cpu time" and background "constant cpu time". Set to 60 - 10 respectively.... Problem is my backgrounds are running at the same FPS as my main. They aren't being limited. Any idea Lax?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Re: Prob with FPS limiter

When you use ISBoxer, the ISBoxer FPS limits override whatever you configure in the Inner Space window.

In the top pane in ISBoxer, select your Character Set. In the bottom left pane select each Slot number. The FPS limits are set near the bottom, and they default to 60/30. They are being limited to 30.

This is also the same screen where you select CPU cores, which may also help you.
<<

Slimez

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Seriously.... you should charge more for your amazing customer service and product... You rock bro, thanks so much.
<<

Slimez

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Woah, CPU cores? Any suggestion for what I stated above? Have a quad core, 8 gigs RAM
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:13 pm

4 cores, 4 slots. 1 core per. Select CPU 1 for Slot 1, CPU 2 for Slot 2, CPU 3 for Slot 3, CPU 4 for Slot 4.
<<

Slimez

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Done and working well.

One last issue i am having. When I turn on Broadcasting I cannot see my mouse on my other instances( which are all on a different monitor). It works fine as long as I am seeing the same thing on my main screen as I am on the 2nd but would like to see the mouse on all 4 instances.
Last edited by Slimez on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Slimez

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:35 am

Slimez wrote:One last issue i am having. When I turn on Broadcasting I cannot see my mouse on my other instances( which are all on a different monitor). It works fine as long as I am seeing the same thing on my main screen as I am on the 2nd but would like to see the mouse on all 4 instances.

Anyone have any input? and again, I see the mouse on monitor one with my one instance... but do not see it on monitor two with the 3 other instances.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 am

I promise you don't have to bump a thread after 12 hours, this was still in the top few threads in the active threads list. ;)

Whether the cursor shows up or not depends on a number of factors.
1. The game you are playing (RIFT)
2. The version of Windows you are on
3. Whether Aero is enabled in Windows if it's Vista or later
4. Video card drivers (and possibly ATI/AMD vs NVIDIA. I have yet to see it "not work" with ATI, but have seen this with NVIDIA)
5. Whether the "Fake cursor" option is enabled in ISBoxer (it is enabled by default)
6. Whether Mouse Repeat has a cursor-based video feed enabled (it is disabled by default, and the fake cursor will not appear if enabled)
7. It could also depend on whether the game is set to Full Screen mode, or windowed mode.

It may be as simple as using an NVIDIA card and having Aero enabled. Or it might be from playing RIFT on Windows XP. Either way, try adjusting the various things above as appropriate/available.
<<

Slimez

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 am

lax wrote:I promise you don't have to bump a thread after 12 hours, this was still in the top few threads in the active threads list. ;)

Whether the cursor shows up or not depends on a number of factors.
1. The game you are playing (RIFT)
2. The version of Windows you are on
3. Whether Aero is enabled in Windows if it's Vista or later
4. Video card drivers (and possibly ATI/AMD vs NVIDIA. I have yet to see it "not work" with ATI, but have seen this with NVIDIA)
5. Whether the "Fake cursor" option is enabled in ISBoxer (it is enabled by default)
6. Whether Mouse Repeat has a cursor-based video feed enabled (it is disabled by default, and the fake cursor will not appear if enabled)
7. It could also depend on whether the game is set to Full Screen mode, or windowed mode.

It may be as simple as using an NVIDIA card and having Aero enabled. Or it might be from playing RIFT on Windows XP. Either way, try adjusting the various things above as appropriate/available.

1. I am playing RIFT
2. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
3. No idea what this is
4. Have ATI
5. Not sure where this is, I looked for it and couldn't find it
6. same as #5
(I assume it is not 5 or 6 since I have never seen it let alone changed it)
7. All instances are set to Full Screen Mode - Should I do them all as windowed/Fullscreen or windowed for it to work properly?

The thing is it works fine with EQ2 and WoW. I see the curser on every instance/screen - And sorry for the bump this morning.

Quick update - I tried them all in windowed mode also (windowed in Rift settings) and still don't see the cursor.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Different games handle the cursor differently than others. That was the first thing I said, #1. If you have this issue with RIFT, I would also expect you to have this issue if you tried LOTRO (which you could test this theory if you want, LOTRO is free to play). It has also been reported in EQ1.

How to disable Aero: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-aero-on-windows-vista/ (Vista instructions at top, Windows 7 halfway down the page). If it's this, it's POSSIBLE the bug (there was a known bug in Windows relating to this) could be fixed by installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1. (I don't know if they fixed it or not, or whether you have SP1 or not for that matter)
Next

Return to RIFT