FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift not launching / Aion Launching fine - Help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Trindon

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Rift not launching / Aion Launching fine - Help

Rift refuses to launch the executable when trying to start either from Character set or default profile. I've had ISBoxer working fine for both Lotro and Aion on the same PC. I'm on the latest build 5395 and using development patching. I've attempted to run the default Rift game recognized as well as recreating a Rift2 character set. I have the "make game believe it's in the forground" checked. I am running zone alarm but this has not prevented me from running Lotro or Aion through ISBoxer and I've configured ZA to recognize all components of the software as well as run in game mode. I can switch to Aion and that game loads fine. When I switch to Rift I get nothing.

The extract from the console window in innerspace shows:

13:24:38 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'Rift 4'
13:24:38 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
13:24:38 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'Rift 4' are valid...
13:24:38 ISBoxer: Good!
13:24:38 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'Rift 4' ...
13:24:38 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Trindon'
successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game\riftpatchlive.exe"'.
13:24:38 ISBoxer: Character Set 'Rift 4' launched
13:24:38 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.

But the game never launches even though the console shows the instructions completed.

Any help appreciated. I don't understand how it's working fine for Aion then not even loading the Rift game.

tks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Rift not launching / Aion Launching fine - Help

It's possible that Zone Alarm has a different effect on Inner Space with Rift than with other games. If you can back up your ZA settings and uninstall it to see if that changes things, that would be ideal.
<<

Trindon

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Actually I did one better I uninstalled ZA and ran Lotro then tried Rift and I got the same affect of Rift not launching. The firewall was the first thing I'd actually worked on. Really odd, I've ensured that the setting for Aion, Lotro and Rift are identical in ZA. When that didn't work I tried uninstalling ZA and I get the same result.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro/64 Bit with an ATI 6850.

tks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Follow the process I explained in this thread for me, to get a list of DLLs loaded in Rift: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1139

If it's the rift LAUNCHER that doesnt show up, get me the list for riftpatchlive.exe. If it's the CLIENT (after clicking Play through the launcher), get me the list for the actual game client.

Hopefully that will expose the problem for us :)
<<

Trindon

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Lax,

appreciate the help.

Here are the DLL details:

http://privatepaste.com/6a9576ac81/rifterror

It's definaly the launcher as it won't come up.

tks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm

The only unusual thing listed there is Zone Alarm. Is this after re-installing it, or do you think it's uninstalled at the moment?
C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\WOW64\Plugins\ISWSHEX.dll 1.5.152.14 Check Point Software Technologies
C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\WOW64\AK\icsak.dll 1.5.152.14 Check Point Software Technologies
<<

Trindon

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Lax,

I noticed that too, it's after uninstalling it. I did see the ZA forcefield app running in the task manager and closed it down. It's somehow attached to IE to provide secure surfing. I can try and shut it off to see if it makes a difference but both Lotro and Aion work fine. I did go into the event view and noticed that Windows is reporting a Bex error on Rift with I try to run it through Innerspace. I'll try to get ZA Forcefield off the PC, I thought uninstalling ZA would have cared for that but looks like it didn't.

I'm not sure what else to try.
<<

Trindon

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 am

I removed ZA forcefield, didn't change anything. I'm still able to launch Lotro & Aion from ISboxer but the Rift launcher will not come up. Innerspace console shows it was launched, when it is not. I guess I'm not going to be able to use ISboxer on rift.

Anyone esle having a similar issue and been able to resolve it ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Do you have Internet Explorer 9 installed? This could potentially make a difference. There was an issue with it a couple weeks ago (I think when it or a release candidate came out?), but I fixed that when it was reported. I have it installed and run Rift fine. It's possible it might work one way and not the other for you, just throwing that out there.

Also, a clean install of Windows is always a safe bet when all else fails. :shock:

Return to RIFT