FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Macros dropping target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

elfmateus

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Macros dropping target

I am currently 4 boxing and i setup some of the ingame macros of stacking cool down skills in with my spam attacks, the problem is even with sticky targeting when i execute one with a repeater the slave toon drops the main as a target and switches to the mob, if I just use the default spell cast everything works fine even without sticky. Is there some something I am doing wrong in setting up my ingame macro that is causing this? or is it a rift mechanic because of the 2 command error in a macro. I can spam all day on the main and the macro works fine, but i am also targeting the mob, so target change isnt a issue.

#show Bolt of Judgment
cast Harsh Discipline
cast Sanction Heretic
cast Bolt of judgement

This is a typical macro I have setup. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: Macros dropping target

Set up assist-based instead with this walkthrough: http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Multiboxing_Macros_Walkthrough

This way you'll have the mob targeted, and should avoid that issue
<<

Thrae

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 pm

I wound up setting up assists and targetlast in my DPS macros. I only dual box is it's not too bad of an issue. I forsee a lot of complication at the very least in getting things properly configured. I've bugged this issue in game and suggest others do the same...the least they could do is give an option to do that.

Using your macro, this is what I have for my DPS macro:

#show Bolt of Judgment
assist [name]
cast Harsh Discipline
cast Sanction Heretic
cast Bolt of judgement
targetlasttarget
<<

Berserker

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:25 pm

I would strongly recommend following the guide Lax posted -- the benefit is, no matter which toon you switch hot, the rest will follow and assist HIM. If you code each macro with an assist <name> line, and <name> dies, or is cc'd, you are shut down. Using Lax's method, if your main gets cc'd, you swap to another toon and carry on business as usual.
<<

Thrae

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:38 pm

Definitely :) I was just kind of posting for information. Don't do what I do unless you're simply dualboxing and are very lazy! :P

If my main dies I just switch to my "manual control" hotbar on my alt and go to town. Not as elegant, but as I said, I'm very lazy and just have 2 chars to control ;)
<<

Thrae

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 am

This is fixed with the 1.1 Rift patch. You can use:

Code:
cast @targettarget [ability to use on target's target]

This will allow you to remove any sort of assist/target changing and allow all the damage abilities to use pass through targeting. So then you can just use the FTL Target Me in the guide specified above (Or whatever method of targeting you prefer) and away you go!

-Thrae

Return to RIFT