FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Role-based macros for Rift

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bloodcloud

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Role-based macros for Rift

awesome m8. I steal some ideas from your healing to get the ammount of macros down.

But does this mean I have to run around always with a number above my head ?
<<

Berserker

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 pm

lax wrote:
Done!

Code:
ISBoxer 38.2.316.1
    * Mapped Key Virtualization can now virtualize all mappings in a Key Map as all mappings in another Key Map, by only specifying two Key Maps (not Mapped Keys)
    * Mapped Key Virtualization can now virtualize all mappings in a Key Map as a specific Mapped Key, by only specifying the original Key Map (not a Mapped Key)

Now available. :)

You kick some serious ass, my friend :) Woot!
<<

Berserker

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Bloodcloud wrote:awesome m8. I steal some ideas from your healing to get the ammount of macros down.

But does this mean I have to run around always with a number above my head ?

Yeah, unfortunately it does. You get used to it though :)
<<

Berserker

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Disclaimer: Unlike the role bar, this post IS talking about roles as discussed in the Rift gameplay mechanics -- e.g. a set of 3 souls.

pox67 wrote: I had thought there was a way of changing your actual spec in game to DPS or healing.

Steps to accomplish that:

1) put on the gear, weapons, equipment you want to associate with soul role 1
2) /saveequip 1
3) put on the gear, weapons, equipment you want to associate with soul role 2
4) /saveequip 2
5) Repeat these steps for any other roles you want (you get up to 4 in Rift).
6) Create the following macro for each soul role:

Macro: Role <n>

Code:
loadequip <n>
role <n>

7) place your macros -- from now on, to change your soul role, simply send that key to the toon you want to change, rebuff, and re-pet. You could augment the macro for pet classes like this:

Macro: Pet Role <n>

Code:
loadequip <n>
role <n>
wait 2
cast <your new pet spell for this role>
<<

Nisch

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:28 am

This post is like crack for nerds.

I'm reading it for the third time and I still am pretty lost. But i pick up more each time I read through it.

Have any plans on making a video about this setup? I think it would open up a lot of eyes when working to harness the power of ISBoxer for any game.

Some of this stuff I wasn't aware it even existed in the program yet!

Great post :D
<<

Berserker

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Hehe Thanks Nisch.

I'm slowly doing some expansion to the setup (I want to be able to "turn off" toons for regen purposes, and want to be able to use the keymaps button to turn it all off for typing in chat, etc., while maintaining the state for when I turn it back on -- more complicated than it sounds when you add in swapping characters) and a partial revamp to make it all easier (using the virtualized key maps Lax put in above). Once I get that up and finalized, I'll probably do a video -- but need to figure out where to chop it up to it digestible.

Edit -- I've got some medical challenges here lately, so I'm moving pretty slowly on all this.
<<

sfdd

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 am

I hope things are going well for you re: your medical challenges.

This thread has been very, very instructive - thank you for putting the work in to it!!! I look forward (as I'm sure many others do as well :)) to seeing your next installment after your revamps.

Thank you again and take care!

-sfdd
<<

Bdion

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:43 pm

I've been reading through your posts and you have some great ideas. Thanks for sharing and I second the motion for a video!

BTW, on what server do you play?
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:10 am

The problem with using marks to control your group is that there are a lot of scenarios in which you may not have access to mark (Raids, Random Adventures, Raid Rifts, etc).

I use the standard assist/follow setup from the quick start guide on ISBoxer wiki (http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Quick_Start_Guide). To manage healing, download the Gadgets addon from Curse (Gadgets is the equivalent of Clique & Grid for Rift - I've disabled all the default unit frames and use Gadgets for everything - party, player, target, cast bar, etc). Create a raid frame with Gadgets with the healer layout. Edit the healer layout to suit your preferred size/position and then go into the Gadgets macro settings - and add some simple mouseover macros.

IE.
focus @mouseover
cast [shift] @focus Life's Return
cast @focus Symbol of the Torch
cast @focus Cleansing Prayer
cast @focus Healing Breath
cast @focus Subtle Invocation
cast @focus Healing Flare

Position the new raid frame the same on all screens and then create a standard repeater region to pass the clicks to your healer from any screen.

To manage rotations, etc.
1 - Create a Target Action Group for each soul build you run.
2 - Create another keymaps group called Rotations (underneath Combat, NonCombat, etc)
3 - In rotations, create a unique rotation for each build - label these very specifically, you will end up with a lot of them. IE - Ranger PvE ST, Cabalist PvP AE, Riftstalker PvE AE +Blink, Sentinel PvE ST, etc. You don't need to add a keystroke to any of these, you won't be calling them directly. Each rotation sends all of its keystrokes to the appropriate Target Action Group.
4 - Add four keymaps in your combat section. PvE ST, PvE AE, PvP ST, PvP AE. In each of these, add "do keymap action" and add all of the rotations you've created to the appropriate combat keymap (area effect rotations go in PvE AE, etc).

A example rotation for MM/Ranger would be -

Step 1 -
Key 8 > All of Ranger (wait 1.5 seconds before advancing to next step) - Bleed + petattack Macro
Step 2 -
Key 9 > All of Ranger (wait 4.0 seconds before advancing to next step) - Builder + petattack Macro
Step 3 -
Key 0 > All of Ranger (wait 1.5 seconds before advancing to next step) - Finisher +petattack Macro

Now, you only need to mash 2 keystrokes to manage your entire setup (Healing, Tanking and DPS) and click once to change your healer's focus to switch who it's healing. I use my G15 toggle option to spam my ST and AE hotkeys so I can pay more attention to health bars & positioning. If a boss doesn't have any funky mechanics (needs interrupt, positioning, etc) I can literally toggle on my ST key and watch TV for the rest of the fight.

You can switch roles on the fly by creating keymaps that direct individual slots to leave or join groups, along with a hotkey to that window to call your gear set & swap roles macro. This way you could, for example, swap a Mage from the Chloromancer to Elementalist group, change souls and switch gear sets in-game with single keystroke.

If you want to get a bit more fancy, I also have Target Action Groups for cooldowns. For example -
Tank CD1
Tank CD2
AE CD's
Sentinel CD @Focus

So when I press the appropriate hotkey, it moves the slot to those groups and immediately uses the appropriate cooldown. After the cooldown goes off, I press F8 to remove all slots from CD groups. Since my G15 spams the rotation key every 0.25 seconds, it's much faster and more reliable to do it this way. If you press CD's manually, sometimes you don't mash buttons fast enough, sometimes you're in the middle of a cast when you push it and it doesn't go off, etc. Doing it this way guarantees that your CD will fire as soon as a GCD is available.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 pm

any idea how to export Gadget lay out to the other accounts?
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
Previous

Return to RIFT