FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new user

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dvdman1971

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:52 am

new user

hi all, i'm a new user and using this for the very first time. it seems most of the information that i could find assumes you know how to use isboxer. i'm a bit confused on the initial setup for rift. at this time, i've created my 4 accounts that i'm going to use in rift and i've created the 4 toons i'm going to use. the problem, is that i can't figure out how to start the actual game with the 4 toons running at the same time. i'm sure it's something easy, but i just can't seem to find it. any help would be appreciated. thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:17 am

Re: new user

Sounds like you forgot to click on Quick Start, which assumes you are brand new and know nothing about ISBoxer:
http://isboxer.com/index.php/quick-start
<<

dvdman1971

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:30 pm

that video still assumes you know what your doing and didn't help..sorry, but i'm really a newbie on this stuff. i've never used a mult-box program before so if you can understand, i dont know anything about this and am learning it all for the first time
<<

dvdman1971

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:05 pm

i'll just post as i go along. At this point, i can get 4 windows launched but they don't launch automatically like in the video. i have to manaually click the default profile 4 times to lauch the 4 game windows. when each window is launched, they dont automatically launch in the 1 on top, 3 on bottom configuration as i need- there's just 4 game windows open. the next thing i do is click onthe character set which then configures the windows but i still have to click each one, it doesn't do it automatically.

now, after that, i finally manage all 4 games up in the windowed configuration. the problem is that the characters are never in the same instance?

anyways, thats the update. any more help would be appreciated for such a neewbie :)

**update**
ok, finally got the 4 windows to launch automatically. now i'm working on getting all 4 toons to launch in the same instance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:01 pm

There isn't just a video, there is a written guide that goes along with the video that provides a heap of useful information. Right below where it says "The Quick Setup Video", it says "The Quick Start Guide". There's 2 links, one for WoW and one not for WoW. Click the one not for WoW ;)

To get your characters in the same instance on your RIFT server, invite them to a group in the game.
<<

MortalMan

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:19 pm

dvdman1971 wrote:i'll just post as i go along. At this point, i can get 4 windows launched but they don't launch automatically like in the video. i have to manaually click the default profile 4 times to lauch the 4 game windows. when each window is launched, they dont automatically launch in the 1 on top, 3 on bottom configuration as i need- there's just 4 game windows open. the next thing i do is click onthe character set which then configures the windows but i still have to click each one, it doesn't do it automatically.

now, after that, i finally manage all 4 games up in the windowed configuration. the problem is that the characters are never in the same instance?

anyways, thats the update. any more help would be appreciated for such a neewbie :)

**update**
ok, finally got the 4 windows to launch automatically. now i'm working on getting all 4 toons to launch in the same instance.

All characters start in a newbie instance. There are MANY different newbie instances, so the odds that all 4 of your characters will be in the same instance is slim to nill. What you need to do is invite each character to a group and after you accept the invitation another message box pops up asking if you want to warp to the group leader (something like that) just hit accept.

Make sure you "export all to innerspace" everytime you change your settings in isboxer. In ISboxer window go to file and scroll down to export all to innerspace. This little tidbit of information helped me out a lot.
<<

dvdman1971

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:40 pm

oh great..thanks so much. almost there to having everything work.

Return to RIFT