FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse Input Hyper-Sensitivity

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Virge

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Mouse Input Hyper-Sensitivity

Since the last update to InnerSpace I've been experiencing hyper-sensitive mouse-look with a second computer configured to run 4 accounts with the keyboard and mouse shared over Synergy. This has happened once in the past (I believe about a month ago) and was quickly fixed with an update but has reared it's head again. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this issue?

Mouse-look is currently not usable at all on the second computer as any mouse motion spins at about 100x the speed it should.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Mouse Input Hyper-Sensitivity

This is a commonly reported issue with Synergy. Try Input Director -- it is also free.
<<

Virge

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:24 pm

As per your suggestion I gave input director a try and it's stunningly better than Synergy in every way.. except for some reason when I switch from one screen to another the previous character begins auto-running forward. Not sure if it's a mouse-look bug or similar - do you have any idea what could potentially be causing that?
<<

Virge

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Well.. input director has a long-standing known issue where the primary screen continues to give mouse inputs when switched to any slave, meaning any game with mouse-look (such as WoW, Rift, etc) will automatically begin running forward without any ability or configuration to stop it. Seems to be an outstanding issue of about 6+ months with no priority to resolve.

Ended up going with Multiplicity. Solved my issues entirely, albeit at a small $50 fee.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Very interesting, appreciate the info :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Someone tonight says the bug in Input Director is with Num Lock, and that you should be able to turn off Num Lock and it should stop. Or un-bind that from num lock in the in-game Key Bindings screen
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:24 am

By default I believe the 'Master' system has "Master Keyboard LEDs reflect the status of the directed slave" and someone else told me
that this had caused them issues before. Perhaps this is the option which is possibly causing this behavior you're experiencing if the
Num Lock option doesn't fix it.

Return to RIFT