FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Virtual files stopped working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Smedbox

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:07 am

Virtual files stopped working

Hi,

It looks like my virtual files have stopped working, rift.cfg in particular. I use multiple computers and each computer has two to three characters each. On each computer, all characters on that computer have started to use the same in-game graphics settings as if they use the same rift.cfg. I want them to have different graphics settings and a long time ago I set them up with different rift.cfg virtual files. I haven't played in a few months and just started playing again.

It looks like all files are in C:\Users\{MyUser}\AppData\Roaming\RIFT, and I can see rift.cfg as well as several rift-{blabla}.rft virtual files for each character. The virtual files contain the correct data for each character (graphics settings) but they don't seem to be used in-game.

It worked before but doesn't work now. Any ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 am

Re: Virtual files stopped working

My initial testing seems to confirm that Rift.cfg virtualization is not working, but RiftPatch.cfg is working fine.

Looking into it. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 pm

This bug is now fixed as of Inner Space build 6063. Close out any open game windows, then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up :)
<<

Smedbox

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Omfg. Yes, it is indeed fixed in build 6063.

Same-day patch. You are amazing.

Return to RIFT