FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I dont understand how to set up isboxer with rift

Moderator: MiRai

<<

footy

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:51 pm

I dont understand how to set up isboxer with rift

I have watched basically every video i can find like 5 times over and i still get the error when trying to launch a team(even when doing the indivual slots) that the path wasnt correct, despite me being able to go to the path and click on the .exe and it work fine.

I honestly dont even know what to do, or why the retards decided to make a launcher for a game that doesnt have a direct .exe file for the game. Anyway sorry for being ragy but i started trying this like 4 hours ago and still cant get it to work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Re: I dont understand how to set up isboxer with rift

Luckily the issue you're having has absolutely nothing to do with RIFT, except the part where you want to add the game to Inner Space.

The problem you're having is that the Game Profile selected in ISBoxer is not actually pointing to a valid file. If it looks right, it could be that you managed to get an extra space in there or something.

To fix it, start by deleting the Game Profile in Inner Space. Right click Inner Space, select Configuration, then click the Game Configuration tab. In the first drop-down, select the Game you're picking in ISBoxer when you use the Quick Setup Wizard. In the second drop-down, select the Game Profile. If there is only one Game Profile (e.g. "Rift Default Profile"), you can just click Remove Game here instead; otherwise, click "Remove Profile" after selecting the one you're trying to use.

(Note: you CAN manually fix the main executable and path here in the Game Profile, but if it's not pointing at the right place chances are it's easier to just replace it using Add Game. That's why these are my instructions.)

Now what you should be doing is to right click Inner Space and select Add Game, then just drag the working shortcut from your desktop into the Add Game window. Back in ISBoxer, you can start fresh by going to File, Clear, and just run the Quick Setup Wizard again and pick the newly added Game/Game Profile -- or go through each Character in the top left pane under Characters, and set the Game and Game Profile drop-downs to the one you just added

Return to RIFT