firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:47 pm

ISB2 Wishlist

REQUEST:
1] Alignment options for the new iteration of Clickbars / Menus:
    HorizontalAlign=<left, right, center>
    VerticalAlign=<top, bottom, middle>
USAGE:To deploy a template which includes a Menu (using that term since we know what it refers to currently) and icon Image Set with a default orientation.

The template author could include a fully functional clickable menu as the primary method of hotkeying Actions without having to account for the end user's particular keyboard or monitor resolution. The Menu can be aligned to "center, middle;" "left, middle;" or whatever such that the Menu appears in a consistent, predictable position regardless of whatever Window Layout the end user has. In this manner, the Menu will function "off the shelf." The end user can drag or remap it without the template author having to include a guide or answer questions on how to remap hotkeys, make custom menus, or find and reposition the Menu should the starting location be outside the end user's screen coordinates.

IMPLEMENTATION: I envision this as a hybrid of the "Starting Position" using radio buttons and drop-down selectors.

Personally, I receive a lot of questions about my EQ guide, "How do I use it without a G15" and from my videos about my HUD menu. Both are already "templatized," but I could do a lot more with it if I didn't have to account for Hotkeys and Window Layouts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following two requests I can go into a tremendous amount of detail if necessary, but I don't want to cloud the issue right off the bat. These two requests are intertwined.

REQUEST:
2] On the "CHARACTER" General tab add a global "When I switch to this Character ... Do this Mapped Key." This partially exists; however, it is tied to the CHARACTER SET SLOT.
3] On the specific SLOT of the CHARACTER SET, add a "Virtual Mapped Keys" tab. This partially exists; however, it is tied to the entire CHARACTER SET

USAGE: Generally speaking, this would allow for great control over Video FX and Virtualization templates when swapping Slots. For example:

On the individual CHARACTER:
Virtualize "CHARACTER TEMPLATE" Key map is now "ARORA" Key Map
When I switch to this CHARACTER (Arora, regardless of what Slot she's in) Do Mapped Key "ACTIVATE ME" in "CHARACTER TEMPLATE" Key Map

On the CHARACTER SET SLOT:
Virtualize "SLOT TEMPLATE" Key Map is now "SLOT <X>" Key Map
When I switch to this SLOT (regardless of what Character is there) Do Mapped Key "FOCUS ME" In "SLOT TEMPLATE" Key Map.

Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: ISB2 Wishlist

I'll definitely take into consideration #1 and #2. On #2, a Module should have no problem getting in on the action for certain events like this one.

As far as #3, and to some degree #1, you will have the ability to manipulate Variables as part of a Procedure ("Mapped Key" without Hotkey) in ISBoxer 2, and in the same way access certain data like the rendering size. And you will be able to do things conditionally based on those kinds of values. So you could conceivably generate a GUI position when your Module starts up based on the display size. Virtual mappings are most likely going to be controlled by Variables, storing the ID of a Procedure to call (quite similar to how it works now), and you can use conditions (including which character, slot, or team) to determine which values to apply.

Exactly how the end user will configure that has yet to be determined, but as far as the Module goes this stuff should be np.
<<

firescue17

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:07 am

I assume you'll be hosting the Libraries / Templates or whatever they're called upon release?

Reading the other thread about the console troubleshooting directly in the Toolkit gave me another idea. Would it be possible to use this hosting for temporary profile uploads for IRC and forum assistance? This would negate the use for PrivatePaste.com, Google Docs, DropBox, and other assorted methods in use. We could still use the 1 week time-out or whatever before the temporary profile is flushed from the Library.

A fully implemented one-click profile sharing option directly in the Toolkit would definitely streamline that process and also avoid the issues with sharing large profiles. Of course, I don't know what the financial impact might be for you for storage or whatever.

Just another brainstorm :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:45 pm

I assume you'll be hosting the Libraries / Templates or whatever they're called upon release?

Yes, likely.

Reading the other thread about the console troubleshooting directly in the Toolkit gave me another idea. Would it be possible to use this hosting for temporary profile uploads for IRC and forum assistance? This would negate the use for PrivatePaste.com, Google Docs, DropBox, and other assorted methods in use. We could still use the 1 week time-out or whatever before the temporary profile is flushed from the Library.

A fully implemented one-click profile sharing option directly in the Toolkit would definitely streamline that process and also avoid the issues with sharing large profiles. Of course, I don't know what the financial impact might be for you for storage or whatever.

This has been on my mind for a while. I'll see what I can do, but no promises initially.
<<

firescue17

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:21 pm

This thread reminded me: word wrap at least, if not full blown text alignment options (like in MS Word) for the new clickbar / menu thing buttons.

... I did well keeping quiet for awhile :)
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:53 pm

To clarify the above point, as opposed to word wrap, I think the ability to force line breaks would be more useful.

Return to Alpha Discussion