FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DDO Multi-Boxing experiences...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:17 am

DDO Multi-Boxing experiences...

Anyone else multi-boxing in DDO? If so can you share your experiences below and to what levels you can do by yourself ?

If multiple people reply I will try to keep a summary in this first post. The combo's people are reporting as working successfully thus far are:

- 2 boxing to level 12 (thus far): Active Paladin with "in-between combat" Healer (Cleric & Favored Soul);

I will put my experiences below to not clutter this first post (assuming/hoping that others reply/share)...
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:01 am

Re: DDO Multi-Boxing experiences...

Been manually multi-boxing DDO without IS Boxer by running up to 4 DDO clients on one PC for over a year. I have a static group that plays once a week for 2.5 hours & otherwise I get on infrequently when I am in the mood... I most often use the other clients for auctions/selling/buying or for logging in folk who miss a session (put them in a corner to get the XP or dungeon progression). I have found it very tedious to multi-box DDO manually as without ISBoxer you have to run each character yourself & can't really fight well on more than one person at at time in combat... You can either do it serially (takes awhile to run each one at at time) or there is an auto-run feature and some folk have said they run and alt-tab-cycle through people in turns successfully but that is about it. I have been using ISBoxer for WoW for awhile & it is amazing but couldn't get ISBoxer to work in DDO until I saw a recent guide and tried it again today...

Looks like DDO is now running for me in IS Boxer & I see multiple immediate benefits over doing it manually including:
- being able to run with multiple DDO clients with one copy of DDO.
- Fast window switching with being able to see all of your (smaller) windows yet go back and forth much faster;
- Even with the lack of FTL type automation (follow/assist/etc) I likely can do better movement via creative broadcasting toggling... (haven't gotten that far yet);

Up till now my best DUO has been an active/primary Paladin with a "between" combat healer. Up till now I have liked the Paladin as a main best as with good armor & health/buffs (virtue/false-life-clicky/aid) & Lay on Hands he has been able to basically get through all the fights solo (then I top-off/heal him with the Cleric/Favored Soul & rebuff him aid/etc). That has worked well till around levels 12-14 but right around here as armor alone starts to not cut it anymore (multi-classes have AC advantages as tanks) & in combat healing becomes more needed as I can't as consistently power through fights with Lay on Hands... I am hopeful that with creative use of broadcasting I can at least get myself to active healing in fights though I would really like to have at least 2 active DPSers... The other thing that is getting more and more painful is traps (especially if I do a quest on hard or elite)...

Now that ISBoxer is working, the combos I plan to try next are as follows:

- 2box: Active Paladin with "semi-active" healer; Basically same as before but will keep the healer in closer range and use key broadcasting to heal from a generally stationary healer;

- 2box: Active "Exploiter" (Rogue-1/Monk-1/Ranger-X) with "semi-active" healer; Basically same as above but with semi-active healer I think I may be able to swap the "Lay on Hands" for trap skills.

- 3box: duo Melee (Exploiter/Paladin) with "semi-active healer". Will try the duo melee with same movement speeds by mouse/key broadcasting on them both. Will need to figure out how to toggle effortlessly and keep them in sync doing essentially the same actions on top of each other...

That is the best I can come up with right now. Hope others share their experiences...
<<

b1n4ryb0rn

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:08 pm

hello i am new to multiboxing but i am an experienced DDO player XD. i have done multiboxing with another game b4 "darkages"
was its name, it was a little confusing for that game we used the porygon app and dawalker it worked well but there isn't much to that game tho lol. i took a break from DDO and when i returned i decided to try to multibox it. after trying many different clients i settled in ISboxer, it has more features and better integration with the game, so on to my experiences.
i have 5 accounts first but i only play 2 at a time, my system is pretty gimp so i don't push it much harder than that.
there are many things i multibox for they are as follows.

1. collectible farming: more toons more chances to get the "good ones". i usually log 2 toons and farm a quest stupid.
2. vending: i usually log 2 toons and sell via the trade channel goods that i have farmed. :)
4. banking: 1 account is solely for storage and banking. use the multiboxing to exchange goods between my other accounts.
5. guild renown: 2 toons and executed the same as collectible farming. there are only 6 players in our guild "the hand of zeb"
6. questing: lol so this is the meat of it, i have set teams i run depending on what my guildies are doing, i have a tank named pretty hate machine, who i will either run with a TWF DPS build drow thief, the tank intims to grab aggro the thief diplos to dump aggro, and then back stab away, or i will run my warforged cleric hakked then my guildies bring DPS and we are set :). or i will run my 2 sorc team the sisters as the hand refers to them are a DPS engine, also this team uses most of the isboxer features available to DDO players, the broadcasting engine is handy then, i have set their action bars up identically
so when one casts the other casts, the tricky thing is in targeting, so you can broadcast mouse look across the system but it can get offset a lil so you have to watch it, but when the target is locked and both sorcs fire upon it, it is well worth it.

so i love boxing and the most success i have found is if you run 2 casters, take up a position, and have a rouge pull the mobs to that location, while the tank takes the aggro (intims while rouge diplos) that gives you time to lock targets and bring the rain. works great we have killed many dungeosn with the stratagy.
also working on full crowd control team with my tank and lvl 10 bard... these are the things that keep the game interesting. there are many reasons to multibox. And yes it is more challenging to multibox DDO in comparison to other games, but it is worth it, at least 1 multiboxer thinks so.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:13 pm

b1n4ryb0rn, just curious how things are going and wonder whether you ever video your fights. I would like to see (fraps) how you do multiple DDO melee at once (I haven't been able to pull that off with any success). I can have my single Melee go to town with my healer targeting/healing him but that is about it. I guess I could do more with magic users but sadly I don't really like to play them...

Overall I do like that ISboxer lets me run multiple DDO clients on my laptop. Even when running a single client I still use ISBoxer because it allows more grainular control of my framerate and I can easily start a second or more if/as needed.

When my buddy and I "Trio" a quest (me DPS/Agro/Tank, me Healing the Tank, him Stealthy backstabbing) we can leave the chests for the end and then launch 3 more clients for 6 chances at loot...

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online